Dickson J. Young
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Fairfax, VA
Attorney Dickson J. Young is one of the founding partners of Whitestone, Brent, Young & Merril, P.C., in Fairfax, Virginia. Devoting 90 percent of his practice to litigation, Mr. Young focuses on criminal defense and personal injury cases, representing a diverse range of clients at every level of the Virginia court system.
After receiving his bachelor's degree from Adelphi University in Garden City, New York, Mr. Young went on to earn his law degree from George Mason University School of Law in Arlington, Virginia. He is admitted to practice in the state courts of Virginia and the District of Columbia, as well as before the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia and the U.S. Supreme Court.
Active in various professional organizations, Mr. Young belongs to the Fairfax Bar Association, the Virginia State Bar, the Bar Association of the District of Columbia and the American Bar Association. He is also a member of the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, the Virginia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and the American Association for Justice.
In his more than three decades of practice, Mr. Young has earned recognition in his community and the respect of his peers in the legal profession. Virginia Business magazine listed him among the state's "legal elite" several years in a row, and he has been rated AV Preeminent* by the renowned peer-review service Martindale-Hubbell, its highest rating.
Mr. Young possesses a wealth of legal knowledge that he is enthusiastic about sharing with others. Throughout his career, he has often lectured at various bar association seminars and also for the Northern Virginia Criminal Justice Training Academy.
*AV-Preeminent and BV-Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Dickson J. Young
First Admitted: 1977, Virginia
Professional Webpage: http://www.wbymlaw.com/Attorneys/Dickson-J-Young.shtml
- Adelphi University Garden City, NY., B.A. cum laude
- Northern Virginia Criminal Justice Academy, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008, "Legal Elite"
- , Washington best lawyers, Washingtonian , 2020
- TOP 100 TRIAL LAWYERS, The National Trial Lawyers, 2012
- LEGAL ELITE, Virginia Business magazine, 2006
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated SM by Martindale-Hubbell®
- BAR REGISTER OF PREEMINENT TRIAL LAWYERS, Lexus Nexus, 2010
- Lecturer, Northern Virginia Criminal Justice Academy
- Lectured on various subjects involving trial tactics in civila and criminal cases ranging from Child Pornography to serious traffic and criminal matters. Locally and state wide, LECTURER Virginia state bar/ Fairfax Bar Association
- Virginia Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Virginia, 1977
- Supreme Court of the United States of America
- Bar Association of the District of Columbia
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Virginia
- Virginia State Bar
- Fairfax Plaintiff's Bar Limited (founding member)
- American Association of Justice
- District of Columbia, 1978
- American Bar Association
- Fairfax County Bar Association
Pro bono/Community Service
- Board member of the wildlife center of Virginia , 2021
- Verdict in rear end car crash case. Verdict of 115K from jury was 8x offer from Allstate insurance co, 2021
- 500k settlement for cyclist who was struck by vehicle making left turn. 100k from liability carrier 400k UIM carrier, 2021
- 1.3 million settlement for motorcyclist who sustained lower leg amputation as a result of an intersection crash with a turning vehicle, 2021
- Criminal And Personal Injury Attorney
Last Updated: 5/15/2022