Edward L. Weiner
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Fairfax, VirginiaWeiner, Spivey & Miller, PLC
Edward L. Weiner is the founding partner at the law firm of Weiner, Spivey & Miler PLC located in Fairfax, Virginia. He focuses his practice exclusively on defending the rights of individuals who have been victims of personal injuries due to someone else’s negligent and reckless actions. Serving clients throughout Virginia, he fights aggressively for their rights and has obtained numerous favorable verdicts and settlements on their behalf.
Graduating from the Binghamton University, State University of New York, Mr. Weiner has a bachelor’s degree in political science. He pursued his legal education at the University of Richmond School of Law and obtained his Doctor of Jurisprudence in 1980. Following that, he earned his master’s degree in international law from the Georgetown University Law Center.
In addition to Virginia, Mr. Weiner is authorized to practice in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit, the U.S. Supreme Court, and the Supreme Court of Virginia, including all inferior and superior courts of the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Mr. Weiner is a member of various legal organizations and is actively involved in the legal community. His memberships include the Fairfax Bar Association, the Fairfax Law Foundation, the Virginia State Bar, the Old Dominion Bar Association, the Northern Neck Bar Association, The Virginia Bar Association, the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, the Southern Conference of Bar Presidents, the American Bar Association, and the National Council for Bar Presidents.
Additionally, Mr. Weiner is a board member of the Virginia Law Foundation (VLF) and chairs the VLF Fellows Committee. He is dedicated to raising money for local bar associations' pro bono services and legal assistance programs. He also serves as a member of the board of directors of the George Mason University (GMU) Center for the Performing Arts.
For his extensive and noteworthy legal contributions, Mr. Weiner has received an AV Preeminent* peer-review rating through Martindale-Hubbell and has earned consistent recognition from Best Lawyers. He was named by the Virginia Lawyers Weekly to its list of Leader in the Law and named a fellow by the Virginia Law Foundation. His work with Jazz4Justice and Law Day earned him the title of Senior Citizen Volunteer of the Year, and he received the James Keith Award for Public Service from the Fairfax Bar Association.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Animal Bites, Brain Injury, Construction Accident, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 100% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1980, Virginia
Professional Webpage: https://www.wsminjurylaw.com/our-team/edward-l-weiner/
- U.S. Supreme Court
- National Council for Bar Presidents
- American Bar Association
- Southern Conference of Bar Presidents
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Virginia Bar Association
- Northern Neck Bar Association
- Old Dominion Bar Association
- Virginia Law Foundation, Board Member and Chair of the VLF Fellows Committee
- Fairfax Law Foundation, Past President
- Fairfax Bar Association, Past President
- Virginia State Bar’s Bar Council, Serving 3rd Term
- Virginia State Bar’s Diversity Conference, Past Chair
- Virginia State Bar, 77th President, 2015-16
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Virginia
- Supreme Court of Virginia, including all inferior and superior courts of the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Georgetown University of Law Center, LL.M in International Law, 1993
- State University of New York at Binghamton, B.A., 1977
- Annual celebration of Law Day
- Member of the Board of Directors of the George Mason University (GMU) Center for the Performing Arts
- Regularly lectures on the topics of jury trials and professionalism within the Legal community.
- Virginia Lawyers Weekly, 2009
- Repeated Recognition by Best Lawyers, most recently for 2021
- Martindale-Hubbell’s A/V Preeminent Rating for legal ability and ethical standards
- Repeated recognition by Virginia Super Lawyers
- Named Paul Harris Fellow by Rotary International in appreciation of tangible assistance given for the furtherance of better understanding and friendly relations among peoples of the world
- Appointed by the Supreme Court of Virginia to serve on the Faculty of Virginia’s mandatory Course on Lawyer Professionalism
- Named a Fellow by the Virginia Law Foundation
- Named a Leader in the Law by Virginia Lawyers Weekly
- Governor’s Senior Citizen Volunteer of the Year Award for his work with Jazz4Justice and Law Day
- Fairfax Bar Association’s James Keith Award for Public Service
- Appreciation award given to one person every year who has served in an exemplary manner in providing pro bono and community service to Fairfax County, Fairfax Bar Association, 2009
- Recipient of Virginia Lawyers Weekly Leader of the Law Award, 2009
- AV Preeminent rated by Martindale-Hubble
- Fairfax Bar Association President’s Award for Outstanding Service in 2008 and 2013
- Consistently named one of Washington's "Best Lawyers" for Personal Injury by Washingtonian and Northern Virginia Magazines
- $1.3 million verdict for Plaintiff in 2nd jury trial for medical malpractice, 2015
- United States v. Gooding, 695 F.2d 78 (1982)
- Roshan v. Fard, 705-F.2d 102 (1983)
- Russ v. Destival, 267 Va. 458 (2004)
- Fisher v. Salute, 51 Va. App. 293, 657 S.E.2d. 169 (2008)
- Garlick v. Safeway, Inc., 2009 Va. LEXIS 95, 2009 WL (2009)
- Wakole v. Barber, 283 Va. 488, 722 S.E.2d 238 (2012)
Office location for Edward L. Weiner
10605 Judicial Drive
Fairfax, VA 22030
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2024