Jean Galloway Ball
Top Rated Elder Law Attorney in Fairfax, VA
Jean Galloway Ball is an attorney at Hale Ball in Fairfax, Virginia. Ms. Ball focuses her practice on elder law, special needs planning, estate planning, and fiduciary litigation, serving clients throughout Virginia.
Ms. Ball has more than 40 years of experience advising disabled individuals, senior citizens and their families on items such life care and estate planning, powers of attorney, wills and trusts, Medicaid qualification and asset preservation, guardianship, estate and trust administration. She advises and represents clients in cases of contested guardianships, will contests, augmented estate claims, financial exploitation and asset recovery, fiduciary accountings and removal actions. She is admitted to practice in Virginia, Maryland, the District of Columbia and California.
Over the course of her years in practice, Ms. Ball has been honored for her accomplishments. She is a fellow in the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, was listed among the “influential women in Virginia” by Virginia Lawyers Media in 2011 and was elected to the 2020 Class of the Virginia Legal Hall of Fame.
Ms. Ball has always enjoyed staying involved in her legal and professional communities. She is a former president of the Virginia Academy of Elder Law Attorneys and previously served as president and on the board of directors of the Insight Memory Care Center.
Ms. Ball is a member of several professional organizations, including the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys and a member of the Council of Advance Practitioners, serving as chair of the steering committee. She also belongs to the Academy of Special Needs Planners and the American Bar Association.
Ms. Ball earned a bachelor’s degree in history from the University of California Berkeley. She received her law degree from the George Washington University Law School. Her additional credentials include a certification in elder law by the National Elder Law Foundation.
- 40%Elder Law
- 30%Estate & Trust Litigation
- 30%Estate Planning & Probate
Will Contests, Estate Planning, Guardianships & Conservatorships, Power of Attorney, Probate & Estate Administration, Trusts
- Super Lawyers: 2007 - 2022
- Top 50: 2021 Women Virginia Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2019 Women Virginia Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2018 Women Virginia Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2017 Women Virginia Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2016 Women Virginia Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2015 Women Virginia Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2014 Virginia Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2014 Women Virginia Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2013 Women Virginia Super Lawyers
Certificates and Credentials
About Jean Galloway Ball
First Admitted: 1977, Washington DC
Professional Webpage: https://haleball.com/team/jean-galloway-ball/
Pro bono/Community Service
- Board of Directors and was President of the Alzheimer's Family Day Center
- "AV" peer review rating by Martindale-Hubbell
- Super Lawyer in the field of Elder Law in 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 in both the Washington, D.C. metro area and Virginia., SuperLawyer, SuperLawyers
- Ms. Ball was elected as a Fellow of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys. This is the highest honor NAELA bestows on their members for leadership in the field of elder law., Fellow, National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, 2010
- "Influential Women in Virginia.", 2011
- Certified in Elder Law by the National Elder Law Foundation.
- National Law Center, George Washington University, 1977
- University of California at Berkeley, Phi Beta Kappa with a B.A. in history., 1971
- California, 2019
- Maryland, 1991
- Virginia, 1979
- Virginia Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Council of Advanced Practitioners, National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Academy of Special Needs Planners, American Bar Association
- District of Columbia, 1977
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Virginia Legal Hall of Fame - Class of 2020, 2020
Last Updated: 5/15/2022