Jennifer R. Porter
Top rated personal injury attorney in Fairfax, VirginiaJennifer Porter Law
Practice Areas: Personal injury, Intellectual property, Medical malpractice
Licensed in Virginia since: 2000
Education: The University of Tennessee College of Law
Providing excellent and informed representation to her clients is the hallmark of Jennifer Porter’s career. For over 23 years, Jennifer has successfully represented hundreds of people who have been injured through no fault of their own; people who were often just in the wrong place at the wrong time but suffered significant or catastrophic injuries as a result.
Jennifer believes that people not only need and deserve someone who listens to them and talks like a skilled litigator, but who also has the skill, experience, and background to prepare a successful claim for settlement or for litigation while also providing sound advice, sensitive to the needs of the individual. Jennifer is in the unique position to provide that level of representation to her clients and to maximize recovery for her clients, as a result of her years working as house counsel for Progressive Insurance and also as hired counsel for several of the country’s major insurance carriers, round-tabling defense strategies with insurance adjustors, engaging in defense-oriented training and education courses, and litigating hundreds of bench and jury trials using defense trial tactics.
With this background, Jennifer turned to what she enjoys most – representing the injured individuals and helping them navigate the insurance claims and court system, enabling them to keep their focus on their recovery. In her practice, Jennifer advises clients on what to watch out for from the outset of their claim, preventing them from falling prey to the insurance carrier’s favored strategy of pressing quick settlements to close the claim before the injured person has the opportunity to recognize the full extent of the injury. She also strives to give practical and grounded counsel, advising as to when settlement makes sense versus when litigation is necessary. Jennifer has litigated personal injury matters in all the Courts of Northern Virginia, as well as the District of Columbia Superior Court and the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, and has settled cases by negotiation and medication.
In addition to her proven skills as a personal injury litigator, Jennifer has also developed legal experience in other practice areas, having litigated matters of family law relating to divorce, support, and child custody in both levels of court in Virginia, as well as criminal defense, traffic matters, and school disciplinary matters.
The thing that matters most is helping people navigate tough times with skill and sensitivity, and with a robust practice in personal injury, Jennifer looks forward to new legal challenges each day.
First Admitted: 1998, California
Professional Webpage: https://jenniferporterlaw.com/about/
- Fairfax Bar Association - I have been a member of the FBA since 2001. Over the years, I have served in a number of roles including as President of the Young Lawyers Section. I am currently a member of the criminal law section and the family law section.
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association - Over the past four years, I have served in various roles with the VTLA including the Membership Committee, the Business Partnerships Committee, and the Leadership of the Women's Caucus. I was just elected as Secretary of the Leadership of the Women's Caucus which means I will serve as President of the Caucus in 2021/2022.
- Bachelors in Social Science from Tusculum College in Greeneville, Tennessee., 1995
- , Top Lawyers of Northern Virginia, Northern Virginia Magazine, 2021
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2023