Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Fairfax, VA
Joseph DiPietro is founder of the DiPietro Family Law Group and represents clients in Virginia, New York and Washington, D.C. His family law experience extends to the following practice areas: prenuptial agreements, international family law, domestic violence, child support, child custody and visitation, assisted reproduction, appeals, military divorce, high net worth divorce, property division and adoption. Whether through mediation or litigation, he aims to find the best solution possible for his clients.
At Loyola University, Mr. DiPietro earned a Bachelor of Arts before moving on to law school. He graduated with his Juris Doctor from the American University Washington College of Law, then attended the Kogod School of Business at American University, where he graduated with his Master of Business Administration.
The American Institute of Family Law Attorneys included him in the 10 Best Attorneys for Client Satisfaction in 2014, and the National Academy of Family Law Attorneys named him to the Top 10 Family Law Attorneys Under the Age of 40 in Virginia in both 2014 and 2015. The Virginia Business Magazine included him as a Legal Elite, and for his high ethical standards and long list of successful results, he is AV Preeminent* peer-review rated, the highest rating, through Martindale-Hubbell.
Admitted to practice in New York, Virginia and the District of Columbia, Mr. DiPietro is also admitted to practice in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Columbia, the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit, the U.S. Tax Court, the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia and the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia. He is a member of the American Bar Association and the Fairfax Bar Association.
* AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Joseph DiPietro
First Admitted: 2008, New Jersey
Professional Webpage: https://www.dipietropllc.com/our-team/joe-dipietro/
- Appeals from J&DR to Circuit Court: Can the Statutory Right to a De Novo Appeal be Waived?, Family Law Quarterly (Virginia State Bar, Family Law Section), Summer 2014, at 15
- Advanced Issues in Tax Aspects of Real Estate Transactions, Continuing Legal Education Presented by National Business Institute, 2011
- Managing Financial and Legal Risks in a Challenging Economic Climate, Small Business Development Center 2011 Seminar Series
- Empagran: First Step in Avoiding a U.S. Monopoly on Antitrust Enforcement, Business Law Brief (American University Washington College of Law), Spring 2005, at 38
- Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Faces Chapter 11, Bloomberg Law Reports (Bloomberg Finance L.P.), September 2010, Vol. 4, No. 37
- Exclusive Use and Possession Pendente Lite: What Is the Standard, Family Law News (Virginia State Bar, Family Law Section), Fall 2013, at 6
- Virginia Bar
- American Bar Association, International Law Section
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Fairfax County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- New York Bar
- District of Columbia Bar
- Selected for inclusion in the Super Lawyer® Rising Stars list, 2015, 2016
- Highest possible rating for legal ability and ethical standards as reflected by the opinions of the members of the Bar and the Judiciary., Rated AV, Martindale Hubbell, 2013
- Selected by peers for inclusion as "Legal Elite", Legal Elite, Virginia Business Magazine, 2014
- Selected as one of the top 10 family law attorneys under the age of 40 in Virginia., Top 10 Under 40, National Academy of Family Law Attorneys, 2014
- Chosen as one of the top 10 family law attorneys in Virginia for client satisfaction., 10 Best, American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 2014
- Loyola University: B.A.
- Kogod School of Business, American University: M.B.A.
- YouTube Channel, 2014
Last Updated: 5/15/2022