Karin Riley Porter
Top rated criminal defense attorney in Fairfax, VirginiaPrice Benowitz
Practice Areas: Criminal defense, DUI-DWI; view more
Licensed in Virginia since: 2002
Education: George Mason University School of Law
Price Benowitz10505 Judicial Drive
Fairfax, VA 22030 Visit website
Karin Riley Porter is a criminal defense attorney with the Price Benowitz Criminal Defense law firm in Fairfax, Virginia. A former assistant commonwealth attorney, Ms. Porter gained invaluable insight into Virginia's criminal justice system from her nine years as a prosecutor, and she uses the experience and knowledge she acquired to devise the most effective defense strategies possible for those facing any type of felony or misdemeanor offense.
Highly rated and possessing over 15 years of legal experience, Ms. Porter has earned a reputation as a tenacious and aggressive litigator who gets results. Throughout her career, she has successfully defended the rights and liberties of thousands of clients, and her success comes largely from her unrelenting work ethic and her philosophy that all deserve top-notch legal counsel despite their means or status in society.
A 1995 graduate of the Pennsylvania State University, Ms. Porter began her legal career in 2002 after she obtained her Juris Doctor, cum laude, from Antonin Scalia Law School, George Mason University, and her license to practice from the Virginia State Bar. She is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia.
Active in her legal community, Ms. Porter is a member of the National College for DUI Defense, the Arlington Bar Association and the Fairfax Bar Association, as well as the Virginia State Bar. Fully devoted to her practice, she frequently attends continuing legal education seminars and training sessions to stay abreast of the latest changes to the law.
For the past seven years, she has served on the executive committee for the Alexandria's Economic Opportunities Commission, and she also serves her community through her involvement with various local charities and civic organizations. She holds an AV Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell, and The National Trial Lawyers voted her among the nation's Top 100 Trial Lawyers.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasCriminal defense, Criminal defense: DUI/DWI
Arrest & arraignment, Assault & battery, Criminal fraud, Criminal law, Debt, Drug & alcohol violations, Expungement, Failure to pay child support, False accusations, Felony, Juvenile delinquency, Misdemeanor, Motor vehicle offenses, Murder, Overdrawn bank account, Parole, Probation, Prosecution, Sex offenses, Tax evasion, Theft, Traffic violations, Criminal domestic violence, DUI/DWI
- 50% Criminal defense
- 50% Criminal defense: DUI/DWI
First Admitted: 2002, Virginia
Professional Webpage: https://www.virginia-criminallawyer.com/team/karin-riley-por...
- Best Lawyers..., 2020 Best Lawyers Award Winner
- Best Lawyers, 2017
- Perfect 10/10 Avvo Rating, Avvo
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers, National Trial Lawyers Association
- Top 100 Lawyers, National Trial Lawyers Association
- Perfect 5/5 Star Client Rating, Avvo
- AV Preeminent 5.0/5.0 Peer Review Rated
- AV Peer Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- Top 40 Under 40 by National Trial Lawyers Association, 2013
- Successfully negotiated several pre-trial dismissal of assault and battery charges in Fairfax County
- Negotiated pre-arrest agreement on embezzlement investigation that resulted in client receiving no criminal charges
- Alexandria Economic Opportunities Commission, Executive Committee, 2010-2012
- Arlington County Bar Association, Member
- National College for DUI Defense
- Fairfax County Bar Association, Member
- Virginia State Bar
- United States Court of the Eastern District of Virginia
- Pennsylvania State University, Bachelor of Arts, Labor Studies, 1995
- Provided Role Call training for DUI detection, enforcement, and 4th Amendment issues to Alexandria officers, 2003
- Provided Role Call training for domestic violence enforcement and laws for Alexandria officers
- Numerous Specialized Classes for Prosecutors at Commonwealth's Attorney's Office, including: DNA Training, Fingerprints Training, Rape Prosecution Training, and White Collar Fraud and Counterfeiting Training
- National College of DUI Defense
Office location for Karin Riley Porter
10505 Judicial Drive
Fairfax, VA 22030
- Super Lawyers: 2017 - 2023