Loretta Morris Williams
Top Rated Estate Planning & Probate Attorney in Fairfax, VA
Selected to Rising Stars: 2010 - 2011
A partner at Hale Ball Carlson Baumgartner Murphy PLC, Loretta Morris Williams represents clients in Fairfax, Virginia. Her practice is focused on estate planning, special needs planning, elder law, and trust and estate administration. As she works with parents planning for special needs children and adults of all ages to secure their future, she also advises on long-term plans through guardianship and Medicaid eligibility.
Certified by the National Elder Law Foundation in elder law, she worked for nonprofit organizations for years on aging issues, disability issues and Medicaid. During that time, she worked with the March of Dimes, the National Association of Medicaid Directors and the National Association of State Units on Aging. Ms. Williams was named Chapter Member of the Year by the Virginia Academy of Elder Law Attorneys and for her high ethical standards and long list of successful results, she holds the highest peer rating possible of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell.
At Duke University, Ms. Williams earned a Bachelor of Arts in Economics and Public Policy before moving on to law school. She then attended Columbus School of Law at the Catholic University of America, where she graduated with her Juris Doctor.
Ms. Williams is a member of the Council of Advanced Practitioners within the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, and she was formerly involved in the Public Policy Committee for the Virginia Academy of Elder Law Attorneys. She is now a member of the Academy of Special Needs Planners, the National Capital Chapter of the Society of Financial Service Professionals, and several committees within the Fairfax Bar Association.
* AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 50%Estate Planning & Probate
- 50%Elder Law
Estate Planning, Guardianships & Conservatorships, Living Wills, Power of Attorney, Probate & Estate Administration, Trusts, Wills
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2010 - 2011
About Loretta Morris Williams
First Admitted: 2001, Virginia
Professional Webpage: https://haleball.com/team/loretta-m-williams/
- National Capital Chapter, Society of Financial Planning Specialists, Former Board Member
- Director, Virginia Academy of Elder Law Attorneys., 2017
- President, Virginia Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (VAELA) (2015-2016). Vice President, VAELA (2013-2014). Member, Council of Advanced Practitioners, National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys. Member, Academy of Special Needs Planners. Member, Fairfax Bar Association Wills, Trusts and Estates Section.
- , AV Peer Review Rating – Martindale-Hubbell
- , Virginia Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Chapter Member of the Year
- , Rising Star, 2007-2011
- , Super Lawyers, 2013-2019
Pro bono/Community Service
- Multidisciplinary Advisory Committee, Public Guardianship Program, The Arc of Northern Virginia.
- Duke University, B.A., Economics and Public Policy
- Certified Elder Law Attorney by the National Elder Law Foundation. Virginia has no procedure for approving certifying organizations., 2007
Last Updated: 5/15/2022