Mark E. Sharp
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Fairfax, VA
Mark E. Sharp is the co-founder and managing partner of Culin, Sharp, Autry & Day, P.L.C., with offices in Fairfax and Warrenton, Virginia. An accomplished and seasoned trial attorney representing clients throughout northern Virginia, his civil litigation practice involves business, real estate and personal injury matters while his criminal litigation practice provides defense counsel and representation to those who have been charged with criminal offenses.
Mr. Sharp received his Bachelor of Arts degree, magna cum laude, from Washington and Lee University in 1976. He then attended Washington and Lee University School of Law, graduating and becoming a Virginia lawyer in 1979. A veteran of the Army and Army National Guard, he served as the Assistant City Attorney and Prosecutor for the City of Fairfax from 1980 to 1985 and as an instructor at the Northern Virginia Criminal Justice Training Academy. Thus, he has a rich and unique perspective in his litigation practice. Mr. Sharp is also admitted to practice before the U.S. Bankruptcy Courts for both the Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia, the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit.
To stay up to date with the latest developments in his areas of practice and to continue to forge connections with his colleagues, Mr. Sharp is an active participant in several professional organizations, including the Criminal Law Section of the Virginia State Bar and the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association. He has also held a variety of executive positions with the Fairfax Bar Association, including Chairman of the General District Courts Committee.
About Mark E. Sharp
First Admitted: 1979, Virginia
Professional Webpage: https://www.csadlawyers.com/mark-e-sharp/
- Washington & Lee University, Lexington, Virginia, B.A. in Politics, Magna Cum Laude, 1976 Washington & Lee University School of Law, Lexington, Virginia, J.D., 1979
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Eastern District of Virginia, 1982
- Virginia Supreme Court, 1979
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 1980
- Member, Virginia State Bar, Criminal Law Section
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Virginia, 1982
Pro bono/Community Service
- Fauquier Family Shelter, 2019
- Named a Top Attorney by Northern Virginia Magazine, Named a Top Attorney by Northern Virginia Magazine, Northern Virginia Magazine, 2021
- Highest possible peer-review rating for ability and ethics, Rated "AV", Martindale-Hubbell, 2020
- Named a Top Attorney by Northern Virginia Magazine, Named a Top Attorney by Northern Virginia Magazine, Northern Virginia Magazine, 2019
- Named a Top Attorney by Northern Virginia Magazine in 2011, 2013 and 2014 to 2019, Named a Top Attorney by Northern Virginia Magazine, Northern Virginia Magazine, 2018
- Named a Top Attorney by Northern Virginia Magazine, Named a Top Attorney by Northern Virginia Magazine, Northern Virginia Magazine, 2017
- Construction and Business. Personal Injury
Last Updated: 5/15/2022