Peter S. Everett
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Fairfax, VirginiaBlankingship & Keith, PC
Peter S. Everett is a personal injury attorney and principal at Blankingship & Keith, PC, in Fairfax, Virginia. Mr. Everett represents plaintiffs throughout northern Virginia in personal injury actions involving a wide range of issues. He has over 35 years of legal experience litigating on behalf of clients injured due to motor vehicle collisions, trucking accidents, traumatic brain injuries, violent crimes committed by employees of child are centers and other employers, and dangerous conditions on land or in buildings.
Over the course of his career, Mr. Everett has secured compensation for injury victims through successful negotiation, mediation, litigation, and trial. A renowned trial lawyer, he has appeared on national media outlets discussing various legal issues and testified before Congress.
Serving in roles with many professional organizations, Mr. Everett belongs to the American Association for Justice Interstate Trucking Litigation Group and is a former member of its executive committee. He is also an active member of the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, before whom he has lectured several times on medical literature and other facets of traumatic brain injury cases. He is an active member of the National Crime Victim Bar Association, to whom he presented on litigating childcare center cases in October 2021.
The Best Lawyers in America has honored him with selection from 1999 to the present, and in 2016 and 2018, Best Lawyers named Mr. Everett a “Lawyer of the Year” for Personal Injury Litigation in the Washington, D.C. area.
Mr. Everett received a bachelor's degree from the University of Virginia and earned his law degree from the University of Virginia School of Law. He serves his local community by actively volunteering with FACETS, an organization dedicated to providing emergency food, medical services and shelter to Fairfax County residents experiencing poverty. He previously served on its Board of Directors for six years.
Best Lawyers® and The Best Lawyers in America© are registered trademarks of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC. The names, logo, and database are protected under the trademark, copyright, and fair use laws of the United States of America. Any use of name, including in electronic form, must be made only by permission and under the guidelines of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Brain Injury, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 100% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1979, Washington DC
Professional Webpage: https://www.blankingshipandkeith.com/attorneys/peter-s-evere...
- Member, Board of Directors, FACETS (2010- present)
- B.A., 1975, University of Virginia
- Licensed to practice in Virginia and Washington, D.C.
- $4,800,000 Settlement for family of woman killed when tractor trailer driver with untreated sleep apnea fell asleep and struck her car., 2011
- $2,600,000 Settlement for family of woman kidnapped from large regional shopping mall and taken to conveneince store; she later died in car accidnet., 2012
- , Lifetime Achievement Award - Personal Injury, Washingtonian Magazine, 2022
- , Top Lawyers - Personal Injury, Plaintiff, Northern Virginia Magazine, 2022
- , Top Lawyers - Personal Injury, Plaintiff, Washingtonian Magazine, 2022
- Selected 1999- Present, Best Lawyers, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, U.S. News - Best Lawyers in America, 2022
- Commercial Motor Vehicle
- Crime Victim Litigation
- Injuries To Children
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Universities and Other Entities
- Victims of Violent Crime Committed by Employees of Child Care Centers
Office location for Peter S. Everett
4020 University Drive
Fairfax, VA 22030
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2024