Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Falls Church, VA
Attorney Scott Weinbaum is a partner with Maddox & Gerock, P.C., law firm in Falls Church, Virginia. A top-ranked lawyer with nearly 10 years of total legal experience, Mr. Weinbaum focuses his practice solely on family law, and he provides exceptional counsel and support to clients across his region who have legal needs involving any of the following:
· High asset divorce
· Child custody and support
· Equitable distribution
· Spousal support
· Post-divorce modifications and enforcements
As an attorney, Mr. Weinbaum has gained a reputation for his compassion and integrity when dealing with his clients along with his unwavering commitment to helping them obtain their goals and the favorable outcomes they seek as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible. A child of divorced parents himself, he has a unique perspective on the subject, and he can offer invaluable insight and advice to his clients to help them make the best-informed decisions.
A leader in his field, Mr. Weinbaum has handled virtually every type of family law case imaginable, and he has published articles and conducted lectures and seminars on a variety of related topics. He has also earned consistent recognition from his peers as being among the top lawyers in his region, and he has received countless testimonials and referrals from his satisfied clients.
A 2009 graduate of the University of Maryland at College Park, Mr. Weinbaum attended George Mason University Antonin Scalia Law School, where he obtained his Juris Doctor in 2012. While there, he served as mentor to first-year law students, and he was Vice Justice of the Phi Alpha Delta fraternity.
Mr. Weinbaum is a member of the Virginia State Bar, the American Bar Association, the Arlington County Bar Association and the Fairfax Bar Association. He also helped established the Arlington County Bar Association's Young Lawyers Section.
About Scott Weinbaum
First Admitted: 2012, Virginia
Professional Webpage: https://www.maddoxandgerock.com/attorney/scott-m-weinbaum/
- Vice Justice of the school’s chapter of Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity, Student Mentor for first-year students, George Mason University School of Law
- Best Lawyers - Family Law, Best Lawyers, 2021
- Best Lawyers - Family Law, Best Lawyers, 2022
- University of Maryland-College Park, College Park, Maryland, Major: Government & Politics - Concentration in History, B.A. - 2009
- Virginia, 2012
- Fairfax Bar Association, Member, 2011 to Present
- American Bar Association, Member, 2012 to Present
- Virginia State Bar, Member, 2012 to Present
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 2014 to Present
- Arlington Bar Association, Member, 2014 to Present
- Young Lawyers Board, Arlington Bar Association, Board Member, Fairfax Liaison, 2015 to Present
- Presented at the 2019 VTLA Paralegal Seminar. A CLE Course on Pets In Divorce Cases and a Brief Overview and the Virginia Custody Factors., Speaker/Presenter, Who Gets The Dog?, 2019
- A summary to the rule regarding tax penalties for early retirement withdrawals and the exceptions to that rule., Author, Retirement Assets: What's Mine and What's Uncle Sam's?, Virginia Family Law Quarterly, Fall 2018, 2018
- A look at the status of pets in divorce cases in Virginia., Author, Pets in Divorce Cases: Property No More?, Virginia Family Law Quarterly, Winter 2017, 2017
Last Updated: 7/19/2022