Tashina M. Gorgone
Top rated family law attorney in Falls Church, VirginiaMaddox & Gerock, P.C.
Tashina M. Gorgone is a skilled attorney and a partner at the law firm of Maddox & Gerock, P.C., in Falls Church, Virginia. Licensed to practice in all the state courts of Virginia since 2013, she has also appeared before the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia. With nearly a decade of legal experience, she has handled a variety of family legal matters involving:
- Marital property division
- Complex child custody and support
- Visitation and parenting time
- Domestic abuse
A magna cum laude graduate of the University of Mary Washington in Fredericksburg, Virginia, Ms. Gorgone obtained her Bachelor of Arts in English in 2010. She then pursued her legal education with a concentration in litigation and earned her Juris Doctor, magna cum laude, from the George Mason University – Antonin Scalia Law School in 2013.
During her time in law school, Ms. Gorgone was a member of the Nationals Moot Court Team and functioned as a research assistant and notes editor for George Mason Law Review. She spent a summer as an intern at the Federal Bureau of Investigation in Manassas, Virginia, and later worked at another renowned Fairfax, Virginia, law firm for over six years before partnering with her current firm.
As an experienced mediator with conflict resolution skills, Ms. Gorgone works with both parties to help them come to an agreement outside court. However, she realizes that following alternate forms of dispute resolution is not always possible and won’t hesitate to take cases to trial when necessary.
Ms. Gorgone maintains a central role within her legal community and is an active member of the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association and the Fairfax Bar Association’s Young Lawyers Division. She is a board member of the Northern Virginia Women Attorneys Association.
A valuable contributor, Ms. Gorgone supports a variety of causes by volunteering to provide pro bono services to underprivileged groups. She is a member of the Northern Virginia Women’s Center Millennial Group. She is also frequently invited by schools and colleges to speak on topics related to her field and to act as a judge for mock trial competitions.
Practice areasFamily law
Child support, Custody & visitation, Divorce, Domestic violence
- 100% Family law
First Admitted: 2013, Virginia
Professional Webpage: https://www.maddoxandgerock.com/attorney/tashina-m-gorgone/
- Virginia Collaborative Professionals
- Collaborative Professionals of Northern Virginia
- Member, Fairfax County Bar Association
- Northern Virginia Women’s Attorney Association, Board Member
- Fairfax County Bar Association – Young Lawyers Division, Member
- Member, Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Virginia
- Best Lawyers In America, 2022
- Virginia Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2017 - Present
- Member, Trial Advocacy Association, George Mason University School of Law
- Notes Editor, George Mason Law Review
- Member, Moot Court Team, George Mason University School of Law
- The University of Mary Washington, Fredericksburg, Virginia, B.A. in English, Honors: summa cum laude
- Northern Virginia Women’s Center Millennial Group
Office location for Tashina M. Gorgone
8111 Gatehouse Rd
Falls Church, VA 22042
- Rising Stars: 2017 - 2023