Tracy A. Meyer
Top rated family law attorney in Fredericksburg, VirginiaMeyer & Bowden, PLLC
The co-founder of the law firm of Meyer & Bowden, PLLC, Tracy A. Meyer helps people and families navigate the legal system as they face some of the most trying experiences of their lives. Focusing her practice on family law, Ms. Meyer provides representation in matters such as divorce, spousal support and equitable distribution, child custody and visitation, and other post-divorce matters to clients throughout northern Virginia. She also works with couples to draft and review prenuptial and postnuptial agreements.
Ms. Meyer graduated magna cum laude from the University of Northern Colorado, earning a Bachelor of Arts. She went on to receive a Juris Doctor from the American University Washington College of Law.
For more than 26 years, Ms. Meyer has zealously advocated on behalf of clients, helping them resolve all aspects of family law cases. She understands that each client and legal situation is different, and Ms. Meyer crafts strategies aimed at helping those she represents to achieve their legal objectives, whether that involves aggressive litigation or amiable negotiations. Her dedication to maintaining high ethical standards and providing quality services helped Ms. Meyer to earn the highest possible rating of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell.
Staying active in the legal community is a priority for Ms. Meyer. She is a member of the Fairfax Bar Association, The Virginia Bar Association[TF1] , The District of Columbia Bar [TF2] and the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association. Beyond her work with clients, Ms. Meyer enjoys boating and spending time outdoors with her husband, three small children and friends.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasFamily law
Alimony & spousal support, Child support, Custody & visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic violence, Name change, Prenuptial agreements, Marital property
- 100% Family law
First Admitted: 1996, Virginia
Professional Webpage: https://www.bcmlegal.com/about/tracy-a-meyer/
- Member, Virginia Bar Association
- Member, Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, District of Columbia Bar
- Member, Fairfax Bar Association
- District of Columbia
- Former Co-Chair of the Family Law Section of the Arlington County Bar Association
- Member, Virginia State Bar Family Law Section, Fairfax County Bar Association Family Law Section, District of Columbia Bar
- Former Chair of the Young Lawyers Section of the Arlington County Bar Association
- University of Northern Colorado, B.A., magna cum laude, Honors Program
- Neutral Case Evaluator for the Fairfax County Circuit Court
- Recognized as a Top Divorce Lawyer in Washingtonian Magazine in 2009., Top Divorce Lawyers, Washingtonian Magazine, 2009
- Best Lawyers in America, since 2013
- AV Preeminent Peer Rated by Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings
- Virginia Super Lawyers, Family Law, 2012 - 2016
- Virginia Super Lawyers, Rising Star, Family Law, 2007 - 2011
Office location for Tracy A. Meyer
1380 Central Park Boulevard
Fredericksburg, VA 22401
- Super Lawyers: 2012 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2007, 2009 - 2010