Top rated family law attorney in Gainesville, VirginiaThe Hopkins Law Firm, PLLC
As the principal attorney and owner of The Hopkins Law Firm, PLLC, in Gainesville, Virginia, Michelle Hopkins represents clients in family law matters, DUI and traffic violation defense, estate planning and more. She represents clients from Gainesville and all over Northern Virginia.
Before pursuing a career in law, Ms. Hopkins earned a Master of Public Administration degree from Troy University in Alabama. She later earned a law degree from George Mason University School of Law in Virginia. She has been licensed to practice law in Virginia since 2008 and in the District of Columbia since 2010.
Before opening her own law firm, Ms. Hopkins served as a law clerk for the Hawaii State Office of the Attorney General and as an education site manager at Hickam Air Force Base in Honolulu, Hawaii. While still a law student, she served as a clerk for an Alexandria, Virginia, law firm. The firm hired her as an associate upon her graduation from law school, and she served in that capacity for more than five years.
Ms. Hopkins is active with a number of professional organizations, including The Virginia Bar Association, the Virginia Women Attorneys Association, the Prince William County Bar Association, the Fairfax County Bar Association and the American Bar Association.
In addition to her role as an attorney, Ms. Hopkins is also an adjunct professor at Hawaii Pacific University, where she instructs students in public administration, personnel and political science courses. In her spare time, Ms. Hopkins is a competition runner and has participated in marathons and triathlons.
Practice areasFamily law, Criminal defense: DUI/DWI, Estate planning & probate, General litigation
Adoption, Alimony & spousal support, Child support, Custody & visitation, Divorce, Domestic violence, Juvenile law, Name change, Paternity, Prenuptial agreements, Marital property, Mediation & collaborative law, Same sex family law, Father's rights, DUI/DWI, Estate planning, Living wills, Power of attorney, Trusts, Wills, Litigation
- 50% Family law
- 20% Criminal defense: DUI/DWI
- 20% Estate planning & probate
- 10% General litigation
First Admitted: 2008, Virginia
Professional Webpage: https://mhopkinslaw.com/firm-overview/
- Super Lawyers Rising Star
- Adjunct Professor, Introduction to American Political Processes, Public Personnel Management, Political Ideologies and Public Administration, Hawaii Pacific University
- Virginia Women Attorneys Association
- Commonwealth of Virginia, 2008
- District of Columbia Bar, 2010
- Prince William County Bar Association
- Virginia State Bar, 2008
- Fairfax County Bar Association
- Virginia State Bar Association
- American Bar Association, 2012
- Troy State State University, Masters In Public Administration, 2003
- George Mason School of Law, Doctor of Jurisprudence, 2008
- George Mason University, Bachelor of Science in Psychology, 1993
- American Institute of Family Lawyers 10 Best Attorney Client Satisfaction, 2017
- Martindal.com Client Distinction Award Lawyers.com Client Distinction Award, 2016
- Intelligence Community
Office location for Michelle Hopkins
7130 Heritage Village Plaza
Gainesville, VA 20155
- Rising Stars: 2016 - 2018