Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Leesburg, VA
Selected to Rising Stars: 2016 - 2017
In online reviews, Penn Bain’s clients have described his representation as follows: knowledgeable, kind, thorough, honest, realistic, efficient, trustworthy and direct. With each client, Mr. Bain strives to offer good judgment based upon what the client wants and needs. He fully understands that he often meets clients during their darkest days. By listening and in turn developing a strategic plan, Mr. Bain seeks to obtain a favorable outcome in every case.
Mr. Bain is a native of Leesburg, Virginia. Between college and law school, he served as an officer in the United States Marine Corps and was honorably discharged at the rank of Captain. He began his legal career as an Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney, a prosecutor, for Henrico County and Loudoun County handling a wide range of criminal cases including violent crimes, financial crimes, property crimes, juvenile crimes, and DUI/DWI.
Mr. Bain has been recognized as a member of the Virginia Legal Elite by Virginia Business Magazine and as a Rising Star by Super Lawyers and Richmond Magazine. He has been elected by his peers in the legal community first as president of the Loudoun County Bar Association and more recently to represent the 20th Judicial Circuit as a member of the Virginia State Bar Council, the governing body of the Virginia State Bar. Mr. Bain also works on numerous other projects in the legal community.
Mr. Bain’s range of practice focuses on criminal and traffic matters; family law issues surrounding divorce, custody, visitation, and child support; landlord tenant law; and personal injury. He is also a certified guardian ad litem for children. Mr. Bain frequently represents clients with regards to protective orders (restraining orders), expungements (of criminal charges), and restoration of firearm rights.
- 50%Criminal Defense
- 40%Family Law
- 10%Civil Litigation: Plaintiff
Arrest & Arraignment, Assault & Battery, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Debt, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, Failure to Pay Child Support, False Accusations, Felony, Juvenile Delinquency, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Murder, Probation, Sex Offenses, Theft, Traffic Violations, Criminal Domestic Violence, Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Juvenile Law, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Father's Rights
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2016 - 2017
About Penn Bain
First Admitted: 2007, Virginia
Professional Webpage: http://www.sshw.com/Our-Attorneys-And-Firm/R-P-Bain.shtml
- Loudoun County High School
- Longwood University, B.S., 1998
Pro bono/Community Service
- Leadership in the Law Summer Camp
- I have been named to Virginia's Legal Elite for a number years with the most recent being in 2019., Virginia Legal Elite, Virginia Business Magazine, 2020
- Loudoun Bar Foundation, Director, 2020
- Virginia State Bar Council, 2019
- Loudoun County Bar Association, President-Elect, 2012 - 2013
- Virginia, 2007
- Loudoun County Bar Association, President, 2013 - 2014
- Loudoun County Bar Association
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Loudoun County Bar Association, Executive Committee, 2012 - Present
Last Updated: 5/15/2022