Spencer S. Beckman
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Leesburg, VA
Selected to Rising Stars: 2016 - 2018
Spencer S. Beckman co-founded Beckman Schmalzle Georgelas & Ross, PLC, so he could provide full legal services to people in Virginia and Maryland. As an experienced attorney, he fights hard to defend his clients' best interests in matters related to family law, estate planning and criminal law. He strongly believes in the value each individual brings to their communities and does everything he can to defend their families, protect their wealth and preserve their freedoms.
Before becoming an attorney, Mr. Beckman attended The University of Tennessee. There, he earned his B.A. in history and graduated summa cum laude. He then earned his J.D. at the University of South Carolina School of Law. During his law studies, he served as a member editor of the Southeastern Environmental Law Journal. He has been licensed to practice in Virginia since 2010 and has since been admitted to the South Carolina Bar.
Since the dawn of his law career, Mr. Beckman has built a reputation based on integrity and trust. His clients and colleagues have come to expect strong ethical responsibility and professionalism when working with him. Not surprisingly, he has made the list of Top 40 Under 40 two years in a row. He has also ranked among the top 10 attorneys for best client satisfaction by the American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys.
Mr. Beckman maintains memberships in several law organizations. These include the South Carolina Bar Young Lawyers Division and the American Bar Association.
- 70%Family Law
- 20%Criminal Defense
- 10%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Adoption, Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Juvenile Law, Name Change, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Same Sex Family Law, Father's Rights, Arrest & Arraignment, Assault & Battery, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, Failure to Pay Child Support, Felony, Juvenile Delinquency, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Probation, Sex Offenses, Theft, Criminal Domestic Violence, Assault, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2021
- Rising Stars: 2016 - 2018
About Spencer S. Beckman
First Admitted: 2008, South Carolina
Professional Webpage: https://www.bsgrlaw.com/attorney/beckman-spencer-s/
- Southeastern Environmental Law Journal, Member Editor, University of South Carolina School of Law
- Member of Phi Delta Phi Legal Fraternity
- All Commonwealth of Virginia Courts
- All South Carolina State Courts
- Virginia State Bar
- South Carolina State Bar
- American Bar Association
- Virginia Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar Young Lawyers Division
- University of Tennessee, B.A. in History, summa cum laude
- A postnuptial agreement can help your marriage or your divorce https://t.co/WH1ZNbtORJ
- Not all collisions occur on the open roads https://t.co/1XUnO4gEFi
- How serious is a reckless driving ticket, really? https://t.co/mi2zWEZHGR
- How often do doctors misdiagnosis patients? The answer is a shockingly high number. Learn more, plus find out what… https://t.co/7M0O8rU7WP
- What happens to your FEHB when you divorce a federal employee? https://t.co/AjrRjmJgMf
Last Updated: 5/15/2022