Top Rated Government Contracts Attorney in McLean, VA
Selected to Rising Stars: 2015 - 2020
Attorney Stephanie Wilson is a partner and co-director of government contracts with the law firm of Berenzweig Leonard LLP in McLean, Virginia. Ms. Wilson represents all sizes of government contractors in bid protest, claims litigation, contractor compliance, counseling and transactional matters. She also represents corporate clients and executives in various business and employment litigation matters. She serves clients throughout Virginia and the District of Columbia.
Over the course of her career, Ms. Wilson has been involved in many significant cases. She is knowledgeable regarding several federal laws, including the Davis-Bacon and Related Acts, the Fair Labor Standards Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act and the McNamara-O’Hara Service Contract Act. Prior to practicing at Berenzweig Leonard LLP, she gained legal experience by clerking for a judge of the U.S. Court of Federal Claims.
In addition to her law practice, Ms. Wilson is an active member of her legal community. She belongs to the Fairfax Bar Association, the Boards of Contract Appeals Bar Association, Inc. and the U.S. Court of Federal Claims Bar Association. She is also a member of the American Bar Association’s public contract law section and authors and speaks on various legal issues.
Ms. Wilson received a bachelor’s degree from Union College and earned her law degree from Georgetown University Law Center. She is eligible to practice law in Virginia and New York, as well as the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern District of Virginia and the Southern District of New York, the U.S. Court of Federal Claims and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
About Stephanie Wilson
First Admitted: 2006, New York
Professional Webpage: http://www.berenzweiglaw.com/lawyers/stephanie-wilson/
- New York
- United States Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- United States Court of Federal Claims
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- United States District Court, Southern District of New York
- American Bar Association, Section of Public Contract Law
- United States Court of Federal Claims Bar Association
- Boards of Contract Appeals Bar Association
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D, 2005
- Union College, B.S, 2002
- Live, Faculty, “3rd Annual Federal Government Contracting Seminar 2018: Tools for Pursuit and Payment”, Virginia CLE, 2018
- Joint Event with PSC and Government Contracting SIG Program, Panelist, “Discussion on the Impact Bid Protests Have on HR Strategy”, Northern Virginia Society for Human Resource Management, 2018
- World Congress, “Corporate Update: Recent Must-Know Business Law Decisions and Compliance Trends”, National Contract Management Association (NCMA), 2018
- Berenzweig Leonard and Red Team Consulting, “Maximizing Success through Strategic Alliances”, 2018
- Employee Benefits Corporation of America (EBCA), Presenter, “Introduction to Service Contract Labor Standards: Part I”, Northern Virginia Society for Human Resource Management, 2017
- Employee Benefits Corporation of America (EBCA), Presenter, Introduction to Service Contract Labor Standards: Part II, Northern Virginia Society for Human Resource Management, 2017
- Employment Law in Virginia, Co-Author, “When does someone else’s employee become your employee?”, Virginia Lawyers Weekly, 2017
- Berenzweig Leonard and Red Team Consulting, Effective Strategies for Debriefings and Protests, 2017
- Berenzweig Leonard and Red Team Consulting, Moderator, “Developing Effective Capture Strategies for Government Evaluations”, 2017
- SmartCEO GovStar Roundtable, “Cost-Effectively Managing Government Contracts”, SmartCEO, 2016
- Berenzweig Leonard, Moderator, “Trends and Changes in Labor, Employment, and Cybersecurity: Compliance Issues for Government Contractors”, 2016
- World Congress, “The Only Smart Uses of a Debriefing”, National Contract Management Association (NCMA), 2016
- World Congress, “Determining Fair Profit on Equitable Adjustments”, National Contract Management Association (NCMA), 2015
- Represented intervenor contract awardee in GAO bid protest of Department of Justice task order; obtained dismissal of protest predicated on the existence and enforceability of a non-compete agreement outside of GAO’s review. Aver, LLC, B-419244, 2020 WL 6484102. Nov. 2, 2020
- Represented protester in GAO bid protest of SBA’s award of multiple IDIQ contracts for engineering and information technology support services; filed successful request for recommendation for reimbursement of protester’s costs associated with filing and pursuing its bid protest where the agency took corrective action after the issuance of the agency report. CloudFirstJV, LLC-Costs, B-416872.4, 2019 CPD ¶ 177, 2019 WL 2160903. May 10, 2019
- Represented intervenor contract awardee in GAO bid protests of Millennium Challenge Corporation’s award of a personal services contract in support of MCC’s Contracts & Grants Management Division; successfully defended award against multiple protest allegations. ZemiTek, LLC; Integrated Fed. Sols., Inc., B-415313.2, B-415313, 2018 CPD ¶ 181, 2017 WL 9604552. Dec. 20, 2017
- Represented intervenor contract awardee in GAO bid protest of General Services Administration’s award of Blanket Purchase Agreements supporting new Enterprise Data/Information Management environments; successfully defended award against multiple protest allegations. Cyberdata Techs., Inc., B-411070.3, B-411070.2, B-411070, 2015 CPD ¶ 150, 2015 WL 2152676. May 1, 2015
- Represented intervenor contract awardee in bid protest by incumbent contractor of $108 million Transportation Security Administration award of a Screening Partnership Program at Kansas City International Airport before the U.S. Court of Federal Claims; successfully defended award against multiple protest allegations. FirstLine Transp. Sec., Inc. v. United States, 119 Fed. Cl. 116 (2014). Appeal dismissed, 2015
- Represented contractor in breach of contract claim against the Department of Defense alleging wrongful termination for convenience of its contract to provide security services to support the Task Force for Business and Stability Operations in Iraq; successfully defended against Government’s motion to dismiss and motion for summary judgment on wrongful termination claim, ultimately leading to a positive resolution of the dispute. TigerSwan, Inc. v. United States, 110 Fed. Cl. 336 (2013); TigerSwan, Inc. v. United States, 118 Fed. Cl. 447, 2014
- Represented incumbent contract awardee in bid protest of a $1.65 billion United States Marshals Services award of eleven separate contracts to provide court security officers for eleven judicial circuits before the GAO; successfully defended contract awards against multiple protest allegations. Inter-Con Sec. Sys., Inc., B-403538.9, B-403538.8, 2012 CPD ¶ 245, 2012 WL 4387471. Jan. 10, 2012
- Successfully represented protester in GAO bid protest of Department of Education multiple-award IDIQ challenging agency’s unreasonable rejection of its proposal. Eng’g Mgmt. & Integration, Inc., B-400356.5, B-400356.4, 2009 CPD ¶ 114, 2009 WL 1532023. May 21, 2009
- Represented multiple clients in bid protests that have resulted in positive outcomes without a written decision, such as matters in which the agency has voluntarily taken corrective action.
- Represented multiple government contractors in claim appeals before the Boards of Contract Appeals that have resulted in favorable settlement agreements for the contractor.
- Conducted internal investigation for staffing services contractor regarding alleged Service Contract Act violations and represented client’s interests with the Department of Labor.
- Conducted internal investigation for management, professional and technology consulting services contractor relating to the Service Contract Act and advised client executive leadership regarding remedial actions.
- Successfully represented contractor employee proposed for debarment by the Air Force; government terminated and withdrew the proposed debarment prior to the scheduled hearing with the debarring office.
- Real World GovCon Law Podcast, Growing Pains: How Small Business Federal Contractors Can Prepare For Growth, 2021
- Real World GovCon Law Podcast, New Federal Vaccine Mandates for Government Contracts, 2021
- Real World GovCon Law Podcast, Tips For Obtaining An Effective Debriefing, 2021
- Real World GovCon Law Podcast, COVID-19 Relief Impact For Government Contractors: PPP Forgiveness, Indirect Rates, & Incurred Cost Proposals, 2021
- Real World White Collar Law Podcast, Why You Need A Code of Business Ethics & Conduct, 2021
- Real World Business Law Podcast, What You Need To Know About The New Stimulus Bill, 2020
- Government Contracts, Super Lawyer, Virginia Super Lawyers, 2022
- Government Contracts, Super Lawyer, Virginia Super Lawyers, 2021
- Government Contracts, Top Attorney, Arlington Magazine, 2021
- Government Contracts, Top Attorney, Arlington Magazine, 2019
- 2015-2019, "Rising Star", Government Contracts, Washington DC Super Lawyers
- 2015 - 2020, "Rising Star", Government Contracts, Virginia Super Lawyers
- Government Contractors
Last Updated: 5/15/2022