Bridget N. Long
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Mechanicsville, VirginiaAllen, Allen, Allen & Allen, P.C.
Practice Areas: Personal Injury
Licensed in Virginia since: 1998
Education: University of Richmond School of Law
Since 1998, Bridget has proven to be a tireless advocate for her clients, whether in the courtroom or when negotiating with insurance companies. A seasoned litigator and consummate professional, she has devoted her career to fighting for the rights of those injured by the negligence or recklessness of others.
Her vast experience in representing clients in both state and federal courts in cases involving car accidents, tractor-trailer accidents, drunk driving, premises liability, dog bites, wrongful death, and other cases involving catastrophic injuries, has equipped Bridget with the skills and confidence that she brings to bear on behalf of her clients. Bridget serves as the managing attorney for the Mechanicsville office location.
Bridget has been listed as a "Super Lawyer" by Virginia Super Lawyers Magazine since 2008. She is a former president of the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association and the Young Trial Lawyers Section. Bridget currently serves as vice-chair of the American Association for Justice Women Trial Lawyers Caucus. She has also been included in the 2023 edition of Best Lawyers in America, a definitive guide to legal excellence.
In 1999, Bridget was elected to membership in the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) evidencing her high personal character, honorable reputation, and proficiency as a trial lawyer having tried to verdict as lead counsel more than 25 civil jury trials. She has earned a reputation as a smart, resourceful, and pragmatic trial attorney respected by her peers and clients. She previously served as president of Virginia's ABOTA Chapter.
First Admitted: 1998, Virginia
Professional Webpage: https://www.allenandallen.com/attorneys/bridget-n-long/
- Theresa, Charles City, VA - http://www.allenandallen.com/bridget-n-long-testimonials.htmlI remember seeing Allen & Allen on television and thinking that the ads weren’t like the rest. I liked the way that the firm was presented – local and family-oriented. It was very stressful having to deal with insurance, adjustors, and bills from doctors and hospitals all at the same time. It was awesome once Bridget stepped in and began handling my case. Her legal services were wonderful. I have already recommended Bridget and her team to friends and I’d do it again. I loved my experience working with them. They took the intimidation factor away from the process. The nature of the process is still scary, but they took what was scary and intimidating and made it manageable. Bridget had a listening ear. When I had questions, she answered them. When I asked for an opinion, she gave it to us. Her legal assistant Rachel was great. She was extremely organized. Bridget and Rachel both were excellent and very personable. They both listened in a genuine way.
- Lynn, Powhatan, VA. Working with Bridget and her team was wonderful. They wasted no time getting started helping me recover from my accident. There was no delay in communications. Bridget was very informative and explained everything well. Bridget and Rachel kept the process easy considering I have never dealt with lawyers before. Their explanations were always in layman’s terms and they presented everything in a very friendly manner. Bridget instilled in me that she would take care of everything - I had nothing to worry about. The best part of Bridget was her demeanor. She always made me feel comfortable. Working with Bridget, Rachel and the rest of the Allen & Allen firm was easier than I ever expected. I would advise people who are looking into hiring a personal injury attorney to go to the Allen Law Firm because even if Bridget can’t help you, there is someone there who can! http://www.allenandallen.com/lynn.html
- B.A., Sociology, Cum Laude, Mary Washington College 1995, 1995
- Speaker, "Hearsay and Expert Opinions Since Commonwealth v. Wynn", VTLA Annual Convention, 2011
- Speaker, "Dealing with Doctors: Yours and Theirs", May Tort Law Seminar, 2004
- Speaker, "The Role of the Paralegal in a Personal Injury Practice", VTLA Paralegal Seminar, 2008
- "Surveillance: The Twilight Zone of Pretrial Discovery" The Journal, Fall 2001, Vol.13, No. 4
- , Influential Women In Law, Virginia Lawyers Weekly, 2021
- President, Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, 2022
- Immediate Past President, American Board of Trial Advocates, 2022
- Member, Virginia State Bar
- Women’s Trial Lawyers Caucus, Vice Chair, American Association for Justice , 2022
- Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2024
- Rising Stars: 2008 - 2013