Amy C. Weisberg
Top rated Family Law attorney in Newport News, VirginiaWeisberg & Weisberg, P.L.L.C.
Practice Areas: Family Law; view more
Licensed in Virginia since: 2003
Amy C. Weisberg is a partner and founding member of Weisberg & Weisberg, P.L.L.C., in Newport News, Virginia. Ms. Weisberg has many years of experience practicing family and domestic relations law, serving clients in Newport News, Hampton Roads, Norfolk and Virginia Beach.
Over the course of her career, Ms. Weisberg has handled a wide variety of family law matters. She is familiar with cases involving divorce, adoption, child custody, child support, grandparents’ rights, military divorce, post-divorce actions, property distribution, separation agreements, spousal support, surrogacy and visitation.
Top Attorneys included Ms. Weisberg on its “Virginia’s Outstanding Young Lawyers” list in family law. In 2014 and 2019, Coastal Virginia Magazine named her one of the “Top Lawyers,” and in 2016 and 2017 she received awards from Richmond magazine. She is also recognized by the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys as one of the “10 Best Female Attorneys.”
As an active member of her legal community, Ms. Weisberg participates in several professional organizations. She belongs to the Newport News Bar Association, the Virginia State Bar, the Virginia Bar Association, The Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, the Greater Peninsula Women’s Bar Association and the I’Anson Hoffman Inn of Court. She holds a license to practice law before all Virginia state courts.
Ms. Weisberg graduated cum laude from Dickinson College in Carlisle, Pennsylvania, earning bachelor’s degrees in sociology and Spanish. She earned her law degree from the Pennsylvania State University Dickinson Law. While pursuing her law degree, she participated in the “Know Your Rights Campaign” by the American Civil Liberties Union and served on the appellate moot court board.
Practice areasFamily Law
Adoption, Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Marital Property, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Same Sex Family Law
- 100% Family Law
First Admitted: 2003, Virginia
Professional Webpage: https://www.weisbergattorneys.com/attorney/amy-weisberg/
- Practicing Family Law in the Coronavirus Pandemic, National Business Institute, 2020
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Greater Peninsula Women’s Bar Association
- Newport News Bar Association
- Member, I'Anson Hoffman Inn of Court, 2007
- Virginia Bar Association
- Virginia State Bar
- , Coastal Virginia’s Top Lawyers, Family Law, 2020
- Richmond Magazine Top Lawyers Rising Star, 2016
- , Richmond Magazine’s Exceptional Young Lawyers, 2017
- American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 10 Best Female Attorneys
- , Martindale-Hubbell Client Distinction Award for Excellence in Practice
- , Coastal Virginia Magazine Top Lawyers, Family Law, 2014 and 2019
- Member, Virginia Rising Stars, Super Lawyers, 2016
- , Top Attorneys, Virginia’s Outstanding Young Lawyers, Family Law
- ACLU's "Know Your Rights Campaign"
- Member, Virginia Rising Stars, Super Lawyers, 2014
- Member, Virginia Rising Stars, Super Lawyers, 2017
- Member, Virginia Rising Stars, Super Lawyers, 2015
- Dickinson College, Carlisle, Pennsylvania, B.A. in Sociology & Spanish with Cum Laude, and Spanish Honor's Society, Member, 1999
- Team Weisberg & Weisberg, PLLC, Sponsors of the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, Give Thanks. Walk, 2014
- The Greater Peninsula Women's Bar Association Charity Gala, 7th, 8th & 9th Judicial District/Circuits, 2010
- The Greater Peninsula Women's Bar Association Charity Gala, 7th, 8th & 9th Judicial District/Circuits, 2011
Office location for Amy C. Weisberg
744 Thimble Shoals Boulevard
Newport News, VA 23606
- Rising Stars: 2014 - 2018