Wayne E. Holcomb
Top rated Family Law attorney in Newport News, VirginiaHolcomb Law, P.C.
Wayne E. Holcomb is the founder of Holcomb Law, P.C., with offices in Yorktown, Newport News, Hampton, and Virginia Beach, Virginia, where he represents clients in divorce and family law, criminal/traffic defense and personal injury law. He has litigation experience in Virginia state and federal courts. He is also a Mediator, first certified by the Virginia Supreme Court in 2004.
Prior to becoming an attorney, Mr. Holcomb served in the U.S. Navy for 20 years as a pilot and legal officer. Before joining the military, he completed his undergraduate degree at Oral Roberts University, earning a Bachelor of Arts degree in 1985. While he was serving in the Navy, Mr. Holcomb earned a Master of Business Administration degree (MBA) from Old Dominion University.
Upon retiring from military service, Mr. Holcomb chose to call Virginia home, and subsequently enrolled at Regent University School of Law. He graduated in 2008 and went on to work as an associate attorney at Pender & Coward, a prestigious firm in Virginia Beach, before starting his own law practice in 2010.
Mr. Holcomb and his firm have been named the Daily Press People's Choice in both Family Law and Criminal Defense for the last three years running, adding Mediation Services to that award in 2018. The firm has also received a "Ten Best" Award in Virginia for client satisfaction by the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys and by the Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys, and Mr. Holcomb was been named a Rising Star by Super Lawyers in 2016-2018. Holcomb Law is a "Client's Choice Award" winner on the lawyer referral site Avvo.
Mr. Holcomb is also a member of a large number of professional organizations, including Trial Masters, the National College for DUI Defense, the American Academy of Trial Lawyers, the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, the Virginia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, and the family and criminal sections of the Virginia State Bar.
Mr. Holcomb serves on his local School Board, chairs the Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) Board in Newport News, and is an Adjunct Professor at the Regent University School of Law in Virginia Beach, Virginia.
Devoted to public outreach and education about the legal system, he has written articles and e-books on a variety of topics, including divorce, child custody, reckless driving, criminal defense and expungement of criminal records.
Practice areasFamily Law, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Criminal Defense, Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI, Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Alimony & Spousal Support, Arrest & Arraignment, Assault, Assault & Battery, Child Support, Criminal Domestic Violence, Criminal Law, Custody & Visitation, DUI/DWI, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, Failure to Pay Child Support, Father's Rights, Felony, Juvenile Delinquency, Juvenile Law, Marital Property, Mediation, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Name Change, Paternity, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Prenuptial Agreements, Sex Offenses, Slip and Fall, Theft, Traffic Violations, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 20% Family Law
- 20% Alternative Dispute Resolution
- 20% Criminal Defense
- 20% Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI
- 20% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 2008, Virginia
Professional Webpage: https://attorneyholcomb.com/wayne-holcomb/
- Virginia Certified Mediator, General/Business Mediation and Family Mediation, 2004
- Regent University School of Law, 2008
- Old Dominion University, MBA, 2001
- Oral Roberts University, Honors: Wing Chaplain and a Resident Advisor, 1985
- , Introduction to Holcomb Law, 2021
- , Best Places to Work, Three Best Rated, 2022
- , Best Business of 2022, Three Best Rated, 2022
- , Best Places to Work, Virginia Business Magazine, 2021
- , Best Business of 2021, Three Best Rated, 2021
- , Top Lawyers of Coastal Virginia - Mediation, Coastal Virginia Magazine, 2021
- , Best of Family Law, Criminal Defense, Mediation, Daily Press Choice Awards, 2021
- , Top Lawyers of Coastal Virginia, CoVaBIZ Magazine, 2021
- , Best of Yorktown, Yorktown Award Program, 2020
- , Client Champion Platinum, Martindale Hubbell, 2020
- , AV Peer Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence, Martindale Hubbell, 2020
- , Elite Lawyer - Divorce Mediation, Elite Lawyer, 2020
- , Best of Coastal Virginia - Peninsula Silver Winner, Coastal Virginia Magazine, 2020
- , Best of Family Law, Criminal Defense, Mediation, Daily Press Choice Awards, 2020
- , Inc. 5000 Series D.C. Metro, Inc. Magazine, 2020
- , Best Law Firm, CoVa Magazine, 2020
- , Best of Family Law, Criminal Defense, Mediation - Peninsula, Daily Press Choice Awards, 2019
- , Best Workplaces, Coastal Virginia Magazine, 2019
- , Best of Family Law, Criminal Defense, Mediation - Peninsula, Daily Press Choice Awards, 2018
- Superlawyers Rising Star, 2017
- Best of Family Law, Criminal Defense, Mediation - Peninsula, Daily Press Choice Awards, 2017
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2016
- Lifetime Certified Member, Trial Masters, 2015
- Premier 100 Virginia, American Academy of Trial Lawyers, 2015
- Hampton Roads Military Volunteer of the Year, VOLUNTEER Hampton Roads, 2004
- Meritorious Service Medal and Navy Commendation Medals , U.S. Navy, 2000
- Lawyers in MENSA, 2022
- CASA of Newport News, 2022
- Trial Masters, 2022
- American Association of Premier DUI Attorneys, 2022
- Newport News Bar Association, 2022
- National College of DUI Defense, 2022
- Virginia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, 2022
- American MENSA, 2022
- York/Poquoson Bar Association, 2018
Office location for Wayne E. Holcomb
720 Mall Pkwy
Newport News, VA 23602
- Rising Stars: 2016 - 2018