Top rated Business & Corporate attorney in Norfolk, VirginiaMcCormick Law & Consulting
John is passionate about entrepreneurship and business development.
Raleigh, NC Office: 4801 Glenwood Ave Suite 200, Raleigh, NC 27612
Norfolk, VA Office: 101 Granby St # 200, Norfolk, VA 23510
Like many entrepreneurs, he has launched both successful and failed businesses. A true believer in “failing forward”, John looks for new opportunities in every situation. This mentality allows him to connect with entrepreneurs and business owners in a meaningful way to help them navigate difficulties and grow their success.
“I find joy in helping business owners make better decisions to build on their success and protect their business.”
Outside of his practice of law, John serves as Past-Chairman of the Board for Roc Solid Foundation, a local non-profit that builds hope for families fighting pediatric cancer. John also served the City of Chesapeake as a Planning Commissioner for five years, including leadership roles as Secretary and Vice-Chairman. In November 2022, John was elected to serve on the Chesapeake School Board. In his free time, he enjoys the outdoors and loves spending time with his wife and four kids.
John graduated from Regent University School of Law in 2010, where he served as Chairman of the Moot Court Board and a member of the Student Leader Advisory Board. After law school, John found his niche practicing real estate and business law throughout Virginia and North Carolina.
In real estate, John has experience representing investors, developers, builders, banks, lenders, and individual home buyers in a variety of transactions. He has handled transactions involving shopping centers, apartment complexes, retails stores and hotels.
John’s business practice ranges from advising entrepreneurs to assisting established business owners in mergers, acquisitions, contracts, litigation and dispute resolution. He has worked with a variety of businesses ranging from small startups to an international multi-billion dollar corporation.
John is licensed to practice law in both Virginia and North Carolina.
Practice areasBusiness/Corporate, Civil Litigation: Plaintiff, Civil Litigation: Defense, Land Use/Zoning, Mergers & Acquisitions, Nonprofit Organizations, Real Estate: Business, Real Estate: Consumer
Business Formation and Planning, Business Organizations, Contracts, Limited Liability Companies, Partnership, Sub-chapter S Corporations
- 30% Business/Corporate
- 10% Civil Litigation: Plaintiff
- 10% Civil Litigation: Defense
- 10% Land Use/Zoning
- 10% Mergers & Acquisitions
- 10% Nonprofit Organizations
- 20% Other
First Admitted: 2010, Virginia
Professional Webpage: https://mccormickpc.com/about/
- Regent University School of Law, Student Leader Advisory Board, Member
- Elected to serve as a School Board Member of Chesapeake Public Schools, 2023
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, Light the Night Walk - Executive Committee Member
- Great Bridge Rotary Club - Past-President
- Roc Solid Foundation, Board Member / Chairman of the Board
- Top Lawyers of Costal Virginia , 2023
- Elite Lawyer Award, 2022
- Top Lawyers of Coastal Virginia, 2022
- Virginia Business Legal Elite, 2022
- Top Lawyers of Coastal Virginia, Coastal Virginia Magazine, 2015
- Regent University Moot Court Board - Chairman, 2010
Office location for John McCormick
101 Granby St
Norfolk, VA 23510
- Rising Stars: 2014 - 2015, 2019 - 2023