Lenard Myers, II
Top rated Consumer Law attorney in Norfolk, VirginiaFortress Proprietas, P.C.
Practice Areas: Consumer Law, Civil Litigation, Creditor Debtor Rights; view more
Licensed in Virginia since: 2010
Education: Regent University School of Law
Fortress Proprietas, P.C.440 Monticello Avenue
Norfolk, VA 23510 Visit website
As Lead Counsel at Fortress Proprietas, P.C., Lenard Myers represents both individuals, businesses, Licensed Healthcare Professionals throughout Virginia including Northern Virginia, Greater Richmond, as well as the Hampton Roads region. Mr. Myers is admitted to practice before the Eastern and Western U.S. District Courts of Virginia and all of the state courts of the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Mr. Myers excels in the legal areas of Automobiles, Contracts, & Foreclosure Defense. He fights auto dealers and auto manufacturers for victims in the areas of lemon law, auto dealer fraud. He also represents both consumers and businesses in the negotiating, drafting, and reviewing of contracts. When contractual disputes arise, Mr. Myers is more than capable to negotiate or litigate contract disputes. Mr. Myers also takes on national banks and mortgage lenders for his clients in the areas of foreclosure defense and mortgage servicing abuse, as well as advocating for clients seeking mortgage loan modifications.
Prior to successfully entering private practice, Mr. Myers began his legal career as a prosecutor in the Office of the Commonwealth's Attorney for the City of Portsmouth, Virginia. During his tenure, he prosecuted more than 300 criminal matters, including both bench and jury trials at a conviction rate exceeding 90 percent.
Mr. Myers maintains a parallel career in academia, having taught Business Law as an adjunct professor at Tidewater Community College and currently teaching the subject at Norfolk State University.
He also strives to advance the legal profession, having served as president of the South Hampton Roads Bar Association, where he led the bar to receive the 2016 “Local Bar of the Year” award from the Virginia State Bar Council of Local Bar Associations. Mr. Myers was also recently appointed by the Supreme Court of Virginia to serve on the Virginia State Bar Council, which sets policy for all lawyers in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Finally, Mr. Myers strongly believes in civic and community involvement. He chaired the Transportation Toll Facility Advisory Community for the City of Chesapeake and was also completed an appointment to the Mayor’s Advisory Committee on Comprehensive Plan Strategies for the City of Chesapeake. He has served on the board of his local YMCA, the board of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Southeast Virginia and is also a long-time volunteer at his church.
Practice areasConsumer Law, Civil Litigation: Plaintiff, Creditor Debtor Rights: Consumer, Professional Liability: Defense
Auto Dealer Fraud, Foreclosure, Lemon Law, Professional Malpractice - Other
First Admitted: 2010, Virginia
Professional Webpage: https://www.fortprolaw.com/about
- American Society for Pharmacy Law
- American Bar Association, Member
- Federal Bar Association, Member
- Virginia Pharmacists Association
- Virginia State Bar, Member
- Virginia State Bar Council, Representative At-Large
- South Hampton Roads Bar Association, 2015 President/Member
- Transportation Toll Facility Advisory Committee for the City of Chesapeake, Chair/Member
- Mayor’s Advisory Committee on Comprehensive Plan Strategies for the City of Chesapeake, Member
- YMCA: The Y on Granby, Former Board Officer/Member
- Boys & Girls Club of Southeast Virginia, Board Officer/Member
- Calvary Revival Church, Volunteer/Member
- Norfolk State University, B.S. Finance, 1996
- Represented Contractor in $3 Million Equipment Purchase/Installation for new IKEA store construction, 2017
- Continuing Legal Education - Norfolk & Portsmouth Bar Association, Presenter, "Foreclosure Law 101", 2017
- Bar Leaders Institute - Council of Local Bar Associations - Virginia State Bar, Panelist, "Nuts & Bolts of Bar Leadership", 2017
- Randel v. FCA US, LLC, 2020 Va. Cir. LEXIS 483, 2020
- $1.5 Million Settlement for Fortress Proprietas, P.C. Client, 2018
- $475,000 Judgment for Virginia Consumer Protection Act Violation, 2017
- $350,000 Settlement for Fortress Proprietas, P.C. Client, 2018
- $400,000 Settlement for Fortress Proprietas, P.C. Client, 2015
- Squire v. Virginia Housing Development Authority, et al. 287 Va. 507, 758 S.E.2d 55, 2014
- Recognized for his professional accomplishment and dedicated service to the Bar., Bar Member of the Year, South Hampton Roads Bar Association, 2020
- Considered by peers to be the best bar member in private practice for the year 2018., Private Practitioner of the Year, South Hampton Roads Bar Association, 2018
- Auto Fraud
- Foreclosure Defense
- Lemon Law
- Virginia Licensed Healthcare Professionals
- Wrongful Foreclosure
Office location for Lenard Myers, II
440 Monticello Avenue
Norfolk, VA 23510
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2017 - 2020