Anne Louise Roddy
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Richmond, VA
Anne Louise Roddy is an attorney at Barnes & Diehl, P.C., in Richmond, Virginia. Ms. Roddy practices family law and serves clients in Richmond and throughout the state of Virginia. She handles complex matters involving divorce, adoption, child custody, child support, equitable distribution, retirement plans, same-sex family law, separation and spousal support.
Ms. Roddy has more than a decade of experience. She is committed to her clients and provides personalized service and effective representation through all phases of the family law process. An experienced litigator, she also is familiar with alternative dispute resolution methods such as mediation, helping her clients achieve their legal goals without the burden of litigation.
Holding various leadership roles in the Virginia legal community, Ms. Roddy serves as president of the Chesterfield Bar Association and is the young lawyer representative of the Virginia Bar Association’s domestic relations council. She sits on the board of the Metropolitan Richmond Women’s Bar Association and is the recipient of a pro bono Publico Award from the Public Interest Law Association at the University of Virginia.
Ms. Roddy earned a bachelor’s degree in political science with minors in economics and humanities from the University of California, San Diego, in La Jolla, California. She received her law degree from the University of Richmond School of Law and obtained her license to practice law in 2008. She holds an active license to practice law in Virginia and California.
Before joining Barnes & Diehl, P.C., Ms. Roddy worked at two other Virginia-based law firms. She also spent two years serving as a judicial law clerk for Virginia’s 12th Judicial Circuit.
- 90%Family Law
- 10%Criminal Defense
Adoption, Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Juvenile Law, Name Change, Paternity, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Same Sex Family Law, Father's Rights, Assault & Battery, Failure to Pay Child Support, Juvenile Delinquency, Misdemeanor, Criminal Domestic Violence
- Rising Stars: 2013 - 2018
About Anne Louise Roddy
First Admitted: 2008, Virginia
Professional Webpage: https://www.barnesfamilylaw.com/Attorneys/Anne-L-Roddy.shtml
- Metro Richmond Women's Bar Association, Board Member
- Virginia Bar Association, Domestic Relations Council, Young Lawyer Representative
- Member, Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, Member, Chesterfield Bar Association, Member, Metro Richmond Family Law Bar Association Virginia Bar Association, Member, Henrico Bar Association.
- Chesterfield Bar Association, President
- California, 2010
- Virginia, 2008
- Pro Bono Publico Award Recipient, Public Interest Law Association
- Richmond Journal of Law and Public Interest, Associate Member
- University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California, Bachelor of Arts: Political Science, Public Law, Honors: Provost’s Honors Recipient, Honors: Athletic Director’s Honors Recipient, Minor: Economics, Minor: Humanities - 2005
Last Updated: 5/15/2022