Chuck Powers has devoted his entire career to the practice of family law. Mr. Powers was named the 2020 Richmond Lawyer of the Year in Family Law by Best Lawyers in America, an honor he also received in 2017. Mr. Powers is a past chair of the Board of Governors for the Family Law Section of the Virginia State Bar, is a Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, and has served as president of the Metro Richmond Family Law Bar Association.
Mr. Powers has also been named a Virginia Super Lawyer since 2006 and was named to the 2015 Top 100 Virginia Super Lawyers and Top 50 Richmond Super Lawyers. He also holds Martindale-Hubbell’s highest (AV Preeminent) rating and is recognized in Virginia Business magazine’s 2018 Legal Elite.
Mr. Powers has presented numerous seminars to bar associations and other professional groups and has been appointed by local courts to serve as a Commissioner in Chancery and Judge Pro Tempore. He is one of the original partners of Stiles Ewing Powers PC, initially forming Batzli Wood PC in October, 2004. He and his wife reside in Richmond’s historic Church Hill.
First Admitted: 1991, Massachusetts
Professional Webpage: https://familylawrva.com/family-law-attorneys/charles-powers...
- The Best Lawyers in America, The Best Lawyers in America
- AV Rated, Martindale Hubbell
- The American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers was founded in 1962, by highly regarded domestic relations attorneys “To provide leadership that promotes the highest degree of professionalism and excellence in the practice of family law.” There are currently more than 1600 Fellows in 50 states., Fellow, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, 2003
- Board of Governors, Family Law Section of the Virginia State Bar (Chair, 2015-2016), 2010
- Jurisdiction sounds easy. It is a simple word and the concept, ultimately, is pretty straight forward. Yet, well into the third century of this commonwealth, it still presents great potential for disaster. As our Supreme Court of Virginia recently noted, “jurisdiction is a word of many, too many, meanings.”, Jurisdiction: The Word of Too Many Meanings, Virginia Lawyer Magazine, Virginia State Bar, 2012
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2024