Dawn B. DeBoer is a partner at the law firm of DeBoerSouth, LLC, in Glen Allen, Virginia. Ms. DeBoer has over 30 years of legal experience and concentrates her practice exclusively on family law, particularly high-profile divorces. She serves clients in Glen Allen and the Richmond metropolitan area, as well as Chesterfield, Hanover and Henrico counties.
A highly accomplished attorney and recognized within her profession, Virginia Business magazine included Ms. DeBoer on their “legal elite” list for over a decade. Over the course of her career, she has spoken on family law topics for many different groups and organizations. She has served as a member of board for the Central Virginia Legal Aid Society and was appointed as a commissioner in chancery, charged with overseeing legal proceedings such as divorce trials.
Understanding that a divorce or family law proceeding is often complex and very emotional, Ms. DeBoer is committed to providing compassionate and knowledgeable representation. She is a skilled negotiator and experienced litigator in the courtroom, always fighting for the rights of her clients and striving for the best possible outcome.
An active participant in various professional organizations, Ms. DeBoer is a member of the Virginia State Bar’s domestic relations section. She also serves as treasurer for the Metro Richmond Family Law Bar Association.
Ms. DeBoer graduated magna cum laude from James Madison University with a bachelor’s degree. She received her law degree from the University of Richmond School of Law. She obtained her license to practice law in 1986, which qualified her to appear before all Virginia state courts.
Practice areasFamily Law
Adoption, Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Same Sex Family Law
- 100% Family Law
First Admitted: 1986, Virginia
Professional Webpage: https://deboersouth.com/
- Virginia State Bar: Member, CLE faculty member and presenter/lecturer/author on family law issues
- Domestic Relations Section, Virginia State Bar, Member
- Virginia Bar Association
- Henrico County Bar Association
- Metropolitan Richmond Women's Bar Association
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- City of Richmond Bar Association
- National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO)
- Metropolitan Richmond Family Law Bar Association
- Virginia State Bar Young Lawyers Conference
- Chesterfield County Bar Association
- Recognized for ten (10) years as a "Legal Elite" by Virginia Business Magazine in the area of family law, Virginia Business Magazine
- Super Lawyer by Richmond Magazine, 2007
- Board of Directors, Central Virginia Legal Aid Society
- Locke Partin DeBoer & Quinn Extern & Internship Program - providing opportunities for all levels of student (law students, college students, high school students) to gain experience and exposure to the practice of law
- James Madison University, magna cum laude, 1983
- First Judicial Law Clerk, County of Henrico Circuit Court, 1986
- "Determining an Equitable Outcome of the Property Settlement", Lecturer/Author, Determining an Equitable Outcome of the Property Settlement, Sterling Education Services, 2013
- 30th Annual Family Law Seminar: The Death of Marriage, Lecturer, Author, Family Law Practice in a Man's World, Virginia CLE, 2011
- Imputed Income; Interspousal Gifts After Theismann v. Theismann, Lecturer, Author, Imputed Income and Other Troublesome Issues in Divorce Cases, Richmond Bar Association, 1997
- The Uniform Interstate Family Support Act, Lecturer, Author, Lorman Education Services, Inc., 1995
Office location for Dawn DeBoer
1802 Bayberry Ct
Richmond, VA 23226
- Super Lawyers: 2007