Gwen Massie Wind
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Richmond, VA
Gwen Massie Wind is an attorney at Barnes & Diehl, P.C., in Richmond, Virginia. Ms. Wind devotes her practice entirely to family law and serves clients throughout the Richmond-Peterson, Virginia, metropolitan area. She has experience with matters involving divorce, child custody, child support, equitable distribution and other domestic issues.
Ms. Wind earned a bachelor’s degree in communications from the University of Kentucky and graduated cum laude. She received her law degree from the University of Richmond School of Law. While attending law school, she served as managing editor of the Richmond Journal of Global Law and Business and participated in the Jeanette Lipman Legal Clinic for Families and Children and the no fault divorce pro bono program.
Following law school, Ms. Wind became licensed to practice law in all Virginia state courts. Before joining Barnes & Diehl, P.C., she interned in the Richmond Circuit Court and the Supreme Court of Virginia and spent three years as an associate attorney at another Virginia-based firm.
In addition to her family law practice, Ms. Wind has authored articles and presented at various seminars. She is an active member of the Virginia legal community and serves as chair-elect and secretary of the Richmond Bar Association, and the Richmond representative of the executive committee of the Metropolitan Richmond Family Law Bar Association.
Ms. Wind belongs to several professional organizations including the Chesterfield County Bar Association, the Henrico County Bar Association, the young lawyer’s section of The Virginia Bar Association, the family law section of the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association and the Metropolitan Richmond Women’s Bar Association.
About Gwen Massie Wind
First Admitted: 2011, Virginia
Professional Webpage: https://barnesfamilylaw.com/gwen-massie-wind/
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2015-2019
- Metropolitan Richmond Family Law Bar Association, Richmond representative on the Executive Committee, 2013-Current
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, Family Law Section Committee Member
- Chesterfield County Bar Association, Member
- Virginia, 2011
- Richmond Bar Association, Secretary of Litigation Section; former member of Bench Bar Committee, 2013-2014
- Metropolitan Richmond Women’s Bar Association, Member
- Richmond Bar Association, Chair-Elect of Litigation Section; former member of Bench Bar Committee, 2014-2015
- Virginia Bar Association, Young Lawyer’s Section Member
- Henrico County Bar Association, Member
- "Current Status of Equitable Distribution Law in Virginia," Half Moon, Equitable Distribution Seminar (September, 2013)
- "Administrative Matters and Modification and Enforcement of Child Support Orders," Custody & Support NBI Seminar (June, 2013)
- "Personal Injury & Workers Compensation Awards in Equitable Distributions: What Every Lawyer Should Know," Virginia Trial Lawyers Association (VTLA) Annual Convention (March, 2013)
- "Reading, Understanding & Using Financial Documents to Help Your Client," VTLA Paralegal Seminar (November, 2012)
- "Administrative Matters and Modification and Enforcement of Child Support Orders," Custody & Support NBI Seminar (2013)
- "Current Status of Equitable Distribution Law in Virginia," Half Moon, Equitable Distribution Seminar (2013)
- "Reading, Understanding & Using Financial Documents to Help Your Client," VTLA Paralegal Seminar (2012)
- University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky, B.A., Major: Communications, cum laude - 2008
Last Updated: 5/15/2022