Jacqueline M. Reiner
Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Richmond, VA
The founder of her eponymous law firm, Jacqueline M. Reiner has a diverse practice that encompasses criminal defense, family law matters, and personal injury litigation. Based in Richmond, she represents clients throughout Virginia in both State and Federal Courts. Ms. Reiner is admitted to practice in both Virginia and New York, as well as before the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia, the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit.
In her criminal defense practice, Ms. Reiner provides advocacy on behalf of people who are facing misdemeanor or felony charges. Her caseload has included driving under the influence of alcohol, traffic violations, drug possession and trafficking, weapons violations, sex crimes, burglary, assault, homicide, other violent crimes, as well as fraud, extortion, and embezzlement. Ms. Reiner has been able to obtain acquittals and charge dismissals for many of her clients, and in other cases, she has negotiated favorable plea bargain agreements with the prosecution.
Ms. Reiner has also helped many clients whose marriages have come to an end, and she advises them on such divorce issues as property division, parenting time, and spousal and child support, helping them in many cases to reach an accord through negotiating a settlement agreement or, in the event that litigation is necessary, trying their cases to verdict.
In her personal injury practice, Ms. Reiner has obtained significant compensation for people who have been harmed by the negligence of other parties in cases involving motor vehicle accidents and premises liability. She is a graduate of the University of Richmond School of Law and a member of several professional organizations.
- 60%Criminal Defense
- 40%Family Law
Arrest & Arraignment, Assault & Battery, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, Sex Offenses, Traffic Violations, Criminal Domestic Violence, Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Divorce
- Rising Stars: 2007 - 2012
About Jacqueline M. Reiner
First Admitted: 1997, Virginia
Professional Webpage: http://www.reinerlawfirm.com/About/
- Criminal Defense Primer published bi-annually by Virginia CLE, Author/Editor, Defending Criminal Cases in Virginia (Sentencing Chapter)
- Board of Governors, Criminal Law Section of the Virginia State Bar
- Member, Richmond Bar Association
- Member, Family Law Section of the Virginia State Bar
- Member, Greater Richmond Criminal Bar Association
- Member, Virginia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Former Adjunct Professor of Law, University of Richmond School of Law
- Former Member, MCLE Board for the Virginia State Bar
- U.S. District Court Western District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit
- Federal Claims Court
- New York, 2003
- Virginia, 1997
- Virginia Super Lawyers Rising Star
- , Virginia Trial Lawyers Association Student Advocate Award
- Hobart and William Smith Colleges, Geneva, New York, B.A., Honors: Honors In Political Science, Honors: Dean's List, Major: Political Science & English - 1994
Pro bono/Community Service
- Board of Directors - Richmond Police Athletic League; Advisory Committee - Richmond Stop Child Abuse Now
Last Updated: 5/15/2022