Jacqueline M. Reiner
Top rated Criminal Defense attorney in Richmond, VirginiaJacqueline M. Reiner, PLLC
Jacqueline M. Reiner practices in the areas of criminal defense, sexually violent predator civil commitments, and protective orders. Based in Richmond, she represents clients throughout Virginia in both State and Federal Courts. Ms. Reiner is admitted to practice in both Virginia and New York, as well as before the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia, the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit.
In her criminal defense practice, Ms. Reiner provides advocacy on behalf of people who are facing misdemeanor or felony charges. Her caseload has included driving under the influence of alcohol, traffic violations, drug possession and trafficking, weapons violations, sex crimes, burglary, assault, homicide, other violent crimes, as well as fraud, extortion, and embezzlement. Ms. Reiner has been able to obtain acquittals and charge dismissals for many of her clients, and in other cases, she has negotiated favorable plea bargain agreements with the prosecution.
Upon dismissal of your case, Ms. Reiner is experienced in filing for expungements. She also has extensive experieince both prosecuting and defending protective orders in courts throught the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Ms. Reiner has also helped many clients whose marriages have come to an end, and she advises them on such divorce issues as property division, parenting time, and spousal and child support, helping them in many cases to reach an accord through negotiating a settlement agreement or, in the event that litigation is necessary, trying their cases to verdict.
Practice areasCriminal Defense
Arrest & Arraignment, Assault & Battery, Criminal Domestic Violence, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, Felony, Misdemeanor, Murder, Probation, Theft
- 100% Criminal Defense
First Admitted: 1997, Virginia
Professional Webpage: http://www.reinerlawfirm.com/About/
- Chair of Board of Governors, Virginia State Bar Criminal Law Section
- Ex Officio, Virginia Bar Association Criminal Law Section
- Member, Family Law Section of the Virginia State Bar
- Member, Virginia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Former Adjunct Professor of Law, University of Richmond School of Law
- Former Member, MCLE Board for the Virginia State Bar
- U.S. District Court Western District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit
- Federal Claims Court
- New York, 2003
- Virginia, 1997
- Criminal Defense Primer published bi-annually by Virginia CLE, Author/Editor, Defending Criminal Cases in Virginia (Sentencing Chapter)
- Defense of Sexually Violent Predator Civil Commitment litigation, Faculty, Author, and Speaker, SVP: Overview of the Virginia Center for Behavioral Rehabilitation and Annual Review (from Sexually Violent Predators Law Overview and Update 2021)
- Virginia Super Lawyers Rising Star
- , Virginia Trial Lawyers Association Student Advocate Award
- Hobart and William Smith Colleges, Geneva, New York, B.A., Honors: Honors In Political Science, Honors: Dean's List, Major: Political Science & English - 1994
- Board of Directors - Richmond Police Athletic League; Advisory Committee - Richmond Stop Child Abuse Now
Office location for Jacqueline M. Reiner
5600 Grove Avenue
Richmond, VA 23226
- Rising Stars: 2007 - 2012