Jason W. Konvicka
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Richmond, VirginiaAllen, Allen, Allen & Allen, P.C.
Practice Areas: Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice
Licensed in Virginia since: 1994
Education: University of Richmond School of Law
A tireless advocate, Jason has built a distinguished career representing personal injury victims for over 25 years.
As a founding member of the firm's Medical Malpractice Section, Jason has been instrumental in its success both in and out of the courtroom. Jason's keen interest in complex medical and technical issues and his natural instincts as a trial lawyer have enabled him to achieve numerous record-setting jury verdicts and settlements on behalf of his clients.
In 2014, Jason obtained a $22 million settlement on behalf of a boy who suffered paralysis and brain injuries in a crash with a dump truck. This recovery is the largest personal injury settlement in Virginia history involving a vehicular accident according to Virginia Lawyers Weekly. In 2013, Jason obtained a $25 million jury verdict for a client who was misdiagnosed for a heart condition. This verdict is the largest medical malpractice verdict in Virginia state court history. In 2009, Jason obtained an $8 million jury verdict for a client who was severely injured in a bus accident case - the largest personal injury verdict in the state of Virginia for that year.
Jason's practice also includes complex injury cases involving wrongful death, traumatic brain injury, hypoxic brain injury, bus accidents, spinal cord injury, complex regional pain syndrome, tractor trailer accidents, drowning, defective products, dangerous premises, building and safety code violations, and drunk driving accidents. Jason also has experience with class actions and mass torts and has manages the firm's representation of victims of defective drugs and medical devices.
A former law review Executive Editor, Jason is a skilled and persuasive writer. He has authored numerous appellate briefs on behalf of his clients in both state and federal courts, including the Supreme Court of the United States. In addition, Jason has successfully argued before the Virginia Supreme Court and the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Jason has an "AV" rating (the highest available) from the Martindale-Hubbell attorney listing service and was selected as one of Virginia's Super Lawyers (Top 5% of Virginia Attorneys). He is Board Certified as both a Civil Trial Advocate and a Civil Pretrial Practice Advocate by the National Board of Trial Advocacy. Jason is particularly proud to be among the six attorneys at Allen & Allen to be named to Best Lawyers in America, a publication considered by many to be the preeminent guide to legal excellence in the United States.
Jason is heavily involved with the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, served as President from 2019-2020, and currently serves on its Board of Governors as Immediate Past President. He is the former Chair of the Young Lawyers Section, the Fundraising Committee, and the Publications Committee of the association.
Jason enjoys speaking at area schools regarding the civil justice system and received the Robert Bonsignore Public Service Award for the development of "The Road to Justice" educational video on the dangers of drunk driving. He also has a keen interest in the jury selection process known as "Voir Dire" and has lectured to attorneys and other legal professionals on the subject.
Jason is a member of both the Virginia and District of Columbia Bar Associations and has litigated with the assistance of local counsel in numerous other states, including California, Maryland, West Virginia, New Jersey, Georgia, Mississippi, Pennsylvania and Texas.
First Admitted: 1994, Virginia
Professional Webpage: https://www.allenandallen.com/attorneys/jason-w-konvicka/
- Fellow, International Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Member, American Association for Justice
- Member, The Etheridge Society
- Member, Traumatic Brain Injury Litigation Group of the American Association for Justice
- Member, The Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America (APITLAmerica)
- Member, Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, Lewis Powell, Jr. American Inn of Court
- Member, North American Brain Injury Society
- Member, Melvin M. Belli Society
- Member, Virginia State Bar
- Member, District of Columbia Bar Association
- Member, American Board of Trial Advocates
- Member, Southern Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, Brain Injury Association of Virginia
- Member, Richmond Bar Association
- Listed, Best Lawyers in America (2009 - Present)
- Selected as a 2019 Leader in the Law by Virginia Lawyers Weekly, 2019 Leader in the Law, Virginia Lawyers Weekly
- Former Chair, CLE Committee, Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Recipient, Robert Bonsignore Public Service Award for the development of "The Road to Justice" educational video program
- Treasurer, Board of Governors, Virginia Trial Lawyers Association (2013)
- Former Chair, Young Trial Lawyers Section, Virginia Trial Lawyers Association (2003 - 2004)
- AV Peer Review Rated by Martindale Hubbell
- Governor-at-Large, Virginia Trial Lawyers Association (2005 - 2012)
- Executive Editor, University of Richmond's Law Review (1994)
- Confidential, Richmond, VA - http://www.allenandallen.com/jason-w-konvicka-testimonials.html Jason, I would like to thank you for all the work on my wife's case and the time you spent on the phone with her. She has had a very difficult time dealing with the scars both emotional and physical. Your patience with her and always taking the time to address her needs and talk to her are very admirable. You made this process go as well as anyone could have. I should also include Donna as I know she spent time helping console my wife at times. I am sure she has thanked you but I wanted to also. A man with your good heart deserves a good life and I wish you and yours the best in your life adventures.
- Monica, Petersburg, VA - http://www.allenandallen.com/jason-w-konvicka-testimonials.htmlWhen I saw the ad on television for the Allen Law Firm long before my personal injury, I knew that if I ever needed an attorney, they were the firm I would pursue. It was very professional and direct. I'd seen a lot of cheesy ads from other law firms with catchy phases and scripts, but that is not the kind of representation I wanted when dealing with issues that directly affect my life. When I first met with Jason for my initial consultation, I knew that I made the right choice with the Allen Law Firm. He is very knowledgeable in his profession and at the same time he is a real person with good values and honest intentions. For me that is the most important thing. I am very very happy with the outcome of my personal injury case and I have Jason Konvicka and the support staff at Allen & Allen to thank. I am a client for life and I will always recommend Jason Konvicka to anyone who seeks a personal injury attorney.
- James, Richmond, VA - http://www.allenandallen.com/jason-w-konvicka-testimonials.html I was referred by my wife's co-worker. My wife had mentioned that I was in a car accident and her co-worker suggested that Jason Konvicka would be a good lawyer if we needed one. My first impression of Jason at our initial meeting was really positive so I decided to hire him. Jason and his team were phenomenal. Anytime I needed to speak with Jason, he was available or I received a call back the same day. I dealt with his legal assistant, Donna, and she was great. Jason explained everything to me in great detail. I have nothing but positive things to say about my experience. It is really important to make sure you chose the right lawyer and I definitely feel like l made the right choice. Jason is tremendously knowledgeable and a master of his craft. I was definitely happy with the outcome of my case and I would absolutely refer anyone to Jason who needs a personal injury attorney. I'm extremely grateful that I was referred to Jason and had the opportunity to work with him.
- Jack, Richmond, VA: As a former attorney who practiced law for 32 years, I was aware of every law firm in the Richmond area. I’ve known of the Allens and their reputation, and in my opinion, there was no other personal injury firm to go to after my accident. Initially, I dealt with the insurance company directly, and I felt that I was not being compensated fairly. I decided to hire an attorney and chose Allen & Allen. I was assigned to Jason Konvicka and he could not have been more devoted to me and my case. I have never encountered anyone like him or his team. His legal assistant, Donna, was always in constant contact. She was prompt when returning my calls, and was very knowledgeable and aware of what was going on with me and my case. Jason had a desire to win and treated me as if I was his only client, even though I know I was not. He had an uncanny ability to see the big picture and impressed me with how he put my case together. Jason was ultimately able to obtain a settlement for me that was far beyond my expectations. When I hired the Allen law firm, I knew exactly what to expect. They have an unparalleled reputation for zealous representation, compassion, and results. That reputation has been carried on by a new generation of attorneys – attorneys like Jason. Jason Konvicka truly represents what the Allen & Allen name means and I cannot recommend him highly enough. See more at: http://www.allenandallen.com/jack2.html
- Mike, Dumfries, VA - http://www.allenandallen.com/jason-w-konvicka-testimonials.html Thank you for your efforts in our case. You have been simply fantastic as has your assistant Donna. You have doggedly pursued my case from day one and its successful completion is testimony to your high degree of skill and competence. Every member of your firm with whom we came into contact exhibited extreme ability, friendly demeanor, and complete professionalism. For the rest of my life, if anyone asks me if we know a good lawyer, I will say no... But I know a great one, and his name is Jason Konvicka.
- Jerry, Richmond, VA - http://www.allenandallen.com/jason-w-konvicka-testimonials.htmlAfter being struck by an automobile while crossing a street in 2001 and encountering other extenuating circumstances in a hospital emergency room, I selected Allen, Allen, Allen, & Allen for legal help. That selection came about partly on the basis of television commercials that I had seen, and strangely enough from the advice of a doctor who was sympathetic to my case. It turned out to be one of the best decisions I made that year. Part of my case was handled by Edward Allen in the Fredericksburg office and part by Jason Konvicka in the Richmond office. I would wholeheartedly recommend either attorney for anyone seeking legal help with a personal injury or medical malpractice suit. Jason Konvicka stood by me for over 5 years while my case (which was complicated by crowded court dates, insurance company bankruptcies, and subrogation issues) moved slowly through the system. He was never once too busy to promptly answer or return my telephone calls or emails. I firmly believe that many other law firms would have thrown up their hands and dropped my case because of the complex problems involved with it. But in the end Jason obtained a settlement for my case that exceeded what I thought possible. We have all heard the same personal injury lawyer jokes; but I can assure you, Jason does not fit that profile. He genuinely cares about his clients and sympathizes with the problems and heartaches that a traumatic injury can cause.
- Scott, Richmond, VA - http://www.allenandallen.com/jason-w-konvicka-testimonials.htmlThank you for seeing my claim through to its conclusion! You did a great a job assessing my injury, communicating throughout the process and solidifying the settlement in a timely manner. You will get my highest recommendation to all of our friends and I look forward to working with you in the future for referrals and any similar type of litigation. Your attention to my case is appreciated, especially when I am sure you have much bigger fish to fry.
- Twyla, Henrico, VA. When you're the face of a company, you have to uphold the standards of customer service. Jason Konvicka and his team did that for me. My father is a truck driver and had hired an attorney after his accident. When I had my accident, I asked my father to guide me. I was referred to Allen & Allen and Jason Konvicka handled my case. Jason and his assistant, Donna, were very thorough and detailed. They kept me informed on everything. I asked what seemed to be a million and one questions, and they were always available to answer, which I greatly appreciated. Not even eight hours would go by without someone getting back to me. They were always willing to share information. Jason and Donna made me feel as if I was a priority to them. It was a good feeling knowing they were "for" me and had my best interests at heart. Jason and Donna made me feel as if they were not working for anyone else, just me. I really feel like they did their job and more. I would absolutely refer others to Jason Konvicka. See more at: http://www.allenandallen.com/twyla.html
- Jessica, Montpelier, VA: After my first accident, I found Allen & Allen through a Google search. Due to the complexity of my case, the attorney I met with recommended that Jason Konvicka represent me. As my first case was in the process of settling, I was in a second accident. I immediately asked Jason for help. Jason is very thorough, and he is transparent and honest when presenting all possibilities in a case. Jason is compassionate, but he can be tough if he needs to be. I knew that he had every intention of supporting me until my case was resolved. Jason willingly stepped in when I was emotional to calm and reassure me. Jason went to battle for me, and having such strong legal support made a big difference. I would definitely recommend Jason. I would tell anyone that Jason understands what it is like to be in an accident, and he will fully support you. He truly went above and beyond to settle both of my cases in my favor. See more at: http://www.allenandallen.com/jessica2.html
- David, Florida - http://www.allenandallen.com/jason-w-konvicka-testimonials.html I am a client of Allen and Allen, Jason Konvicka is my attorney, who I cannot say enough about. Originally I hired another Virginia Law Firm, which was a big mistake. They came close to letting the statue of limitations run out when I checked around for another firm, checked out firms with the best reputation and Allen and Allen came up. I never made a better move in my life. My case was not an easy case, in fact very difficult, but Jason Konvicka won a very nice settlement for me. The firm I got rid of gave me very little communication, but Allen and Allen was just the opposite. They have always answered any question I had, and promptly. So I highly recommend Allen and Allen, especially Jason Konvicka to anyone. They will level with you.
- Lori, Florida - http://www.allenandallen.com/jason-w-konvicka-testimonials.html Our family wanted to thank you for taking my father's case. As his children, we have been very pleased and have been kept abreast on the case from its outset. There were no false promises and smoke and mirrors and we are very thankful that my dad has been in what we feel are good and capable hands. We are very impressed with how well your office has been organized and especially how well you have done at keeping my father informed. Unfortunately, in this world not every attorney is a good one, nor every doctor a good one. We hope for good results for my father, so that he and my mother can enjoy the golden years of their life. This incident has changed their lives and ours. Though my father was growing old before this happened, it wasn't at the rate it is now. It is heartbreaking to see the pain that my father is in and yet he continues to push himself to lead as normal a life as possible. We have prayed that everything goes well and my father can move on from this, and we thank you for all that you have done for him and having done so with integrity.
- Peter, Northampton, VA - http://www.allenandallen.com/jason-w-konvicka-testimonials.htmlI do evaluate the results as a great success that was reached due to your expertise and negotiation skills. In my mind, however, the most important thing was your human help - far beyond the ordinary level - toward us in those terrible days in 2007.
- Calissa, Richmond, VA. The Allen & Allen name is well known. It was the first law firm I thought of after my accident. They have a very good reputation. I Googled them and picked up the phone and called. My experience working with Jason and his team was awesome. Jason worked around my schedule. I didn't have to miss a lot of time from work for appointments. They made everything very easy. I was never worried. I always knew the status of my case. They made sure they contacted me regularly and kept me informed. They even called me on Christmas Eve to check in with me. Ms. Donna would always call me right back immediately. I trusted them whole heartedly. Jason worked diligently for me. It was such a blessing having him as my attorney. He has a great work ethic and is a very good person. I loved that he was so family oriented. If you want an attorney who will take into consideration every aspect of your case and your life so you get the outcome you deserve, and don't have to worry about anything, I would call Jason and Allen & Allen. See more at: http://www.allenandallen.com/calissa.html
- Carrie, Richmond, VA: My case was very complex. I felt like there was no hope until I met Jason Konvicka. I was referred to him by a friend who had worked with Jason in the past. He and his legal assistant, Donna, were kind and very straight forward. Not only did Jason have the experience I was looking for, he cared about me as a person. I wasn't just a case to him. Jason is a hard worker. He got everything he could get for me. I would refer Jason Konvicka to anyone. Jason and his team will take their time to make sure your case is handled correctly. I'm glad I had Jason and the Allen & Allen law firm with me on this journey. See more at: http://www.allenandallen.com/carrie.html
- Richmond, VA based personal injury attorney Jason Konvicka explains the benefits that umbrella insurance can have on individuals who experience catastrophic accidents. , What is Umbrella Insurance and do I need it?
- Richmond, VA personal injury lawyer Jason Konvicka explains the importance of investing in the necessary amount of car insurance in regards to your family and assets. , How Much Car Insurance is Right for You?
- Get to know Richmond personal injury lawyer Jason W. Konvicka of the personal injury law firm of Allen & Allen., Richmond Personal Injury Attorney Jason W. Konvicka of Allen, Allen, Allen & Allen
- "Using ECM ("Black Box") Data and Crash Scene Evidence to Prove Liability in a Commercial Trucking Case," VTLA, Advanced Auto Retreat, Charlottesville, Virginia (July 17, 2015)
- "Dynamic Direct Examination," Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, Masters of Advocacy CLE, October Advocacy Seminar, Richmond, Virginia (October 3, 2013).
- "Obtaining Justice for Your Client in a Spouse vs. Spouse Personal Injury Case," Southern Trial Lawyers Association, Annual Convention, New Orleans, Louisiana (February 17, 2012).
- "Impeachment," Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, October Advocacy Seminar - Evidence, Richmond, Virginia (October 19, 2010).
- "Mediation - How I do it," Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, Advanced Auto Retreat, Charlottesville, Virginia (July 24, 2010).
- "The Top 10 Reasons Why Mediations Fail," Bar Association of the City of Richmond, Richmond, Virginia (May 19, 2010).
- "Effective Use of Technology During Mediation and Trial," Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, "Expert Witnesses" CLE, Annual Advocacy Program, Roanoke, Virginia (October 15, 2009).
- "Can They Do That? Use and Abuse of Basic Courtroom Technology," Bar Association of the City of Richmond, Richmond, Virginia (October 21, 2008).
- "Top Ten Defense Themes and How To Beat Them," Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, Advanced Auto Retreat, Charlottesville, Virginia (July 7, 2007).
- "Jury Selection - Tips and Techniques," The Etheridge Society, Annual Meeting, Charlottesville, Virginia (October 6, 2006).
- "The Best Defense is a Good Offense," Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, May Tort Seminar, Richmond, Virginia (May 3, 2005).
- "Life Care Plans and Chronic Pain," Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, Advanced Auto Retreat, Charlottesville, Virginia (July 23, 2004).
- "10 Things You Want To Know About Medical Malpractice"
- Board Certified in Civil Trial Advocacy, National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Board Certified in Civil Pretrial Practice Advocacy, National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Medical Malpractice - Gastric Bypass / Bariatric Surgery
- Medical Malpractice - Hypoxic Brain Injury
- Medical Malpractice - Failure to Diagnose: Diabetic Ketoacidosis
- Tractor Trailer Accident - Catastrophic Injuries and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Medical Malpractice - Birth Injury: Negligent Delivery, Stillbirth
- Premises Liability - Traumatic Brain Injury, Back Injury
- Medical Malpractice - Failure to Diagnose: Spinal Cord Injury
- Medical Malpractice - Birth Injury: Shoulder Dystocia, Skull Fracture
- Medical Malpractice - Surgical Error: Gall Bladder
- Medical Malpractice - Failure to Treat: Bowel Obstruction
- Premises Liability - Knee Injuries, Saphenous Neuritis, Chronic Pain
- Medical Malpractice - Wrongful Death
- Medical Malpractice - Failure to Obtain Informed Consent: Blindness
- Medical Malpractice - CODE System Failure
- Medical Malpractice - Anesthesia Error
- Bus Accident - Pelvic Fractures, Hip Injuries, Shoulder Injuries, Chronic Pain
- Medical Malpractice - Wrongful Death: Failure to Diagnose Sepsis
- B.S., Business Administration with honors, University of Richmond, 1991
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2024
Top ListsTop 10: Virginia Super Lawyers: 2016 - 2024
- Top 10: 2024 Virginia Super Lawyers
- Top 10: 2023 Virginia Super Lawyers
- Top 10: 2022 Virginia Super Lawyers
- Top 10: 2021 Virginia Super Lawyers
- Top 10: 2020 Virginia Super Lawyers
- Top 10: 2019 Virginia Super Lawyers
- Top 10: 2018 Virginia Super Lawyers
- Top 10: 2017 Virginia Super Lawyers
- Top 10: 2016 Virginia Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2024 Virginia Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2023 Virginia Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2022 Virginia Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2021 Virginia Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2020 Virginia Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2019 Virginia Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2018 Virginia Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2017 Virginia Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2016 Virginia Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2015 Virginia Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2014 Virginia Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2024 Richmond Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2023 Richmond Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2022 Richmond Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2021 Richmond Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2020 Richmond Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2019 Richmond Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2018 Richmond Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2017 Richmond Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2016 Richmond Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2015 Richmond Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2014 Richmond Super Lawyers