Ever since I started practicing law over 34 years ago, I always had a passion for helping injured workers. Like many young attorneys, I started out in general practice concentrating on personal injury, family law, criminal and workers compensation. Workers compensation continued to appeal to me because I knew I was making a real difference in people’s lives and I don’t like being bored (workers compensation has very complex laws and medical issues). I narrowed my practice to only workers compensation in 2005. I opened Injured Workers Law Firm in 2007 and I wrote the first edition of "ULTIMATE GUIDE TO WORKERS COMPENSATION IN VIRGINIA" soon after that. It is now in its 3 revision. It helps thousands of people. I send it anyone who requests it for free. I was motivated to write the book having seen many injustices toward injured workers. It is frustrating when a worker comes to me and insurance adjusters have stopped all benefits when the statute of limitations runs out; they lose thousands of dollars when workers compensation and Social Security Disability benefits are not being coordinated; and they are denied benefits on a minor technicality that could have been fixed.
I have been blessed with a wonderful A+ team who share my vision to help all injured workers across the entire state of Virginia regardless if I officially represent them or not. We want all injured workers on an even playing field with insurance adjusters who are professionally trained to deny valid works compensation claims. The worst mistake you can make is thinking that being hurt at work automatically means that you will get workers compensation benefits. I urge all injured workers before they talk to the insurance adjustor or even before they decide on hiring an attorney to request (for FREE) the latest edition of my book.
Our Richmond Office:
7826 Shrader Road Richmond, VA 23294
Our Northern Virginia office:
First Admitted: 1989, Virginia
Professional Webpage: http://www.injuredworkerslawfirm.com/virginia-workers-compen...
- Community Brain Injury Services Corporate Sponsor
- Co Founder and Vice President of Kid's Chance of Virginia. Kid's Chance of Virginia was founded in 2011 by a group of companies involved in the Virginia workers compensation market. The goal is to build on the success of state chapters in other states who are actively awarding college scholarships to deserving children whose family have been greatly impacted by workers compensation related injuries., 2011
- Case Conclusion Date: November 16, 2011Practice Area: Workers CompensationOutcome: Death benefits awarded and payment of medical billsDescription: Claimant had a back injury which was contested. 6 months later he had back surgery and dies 3 days later while he was still in the hospital of a heart attack.This was a difficult case because the injured worker was dead and I still had to prove how the accident occurred. Second, I had to prove that his death was related to his work accident. His wife testified and his doctor wrote a good medical causation report.
- Henrico County Bar Association Virginia Bar Association
- AVVO Superb Rated Attorney 2016
- American Association of Justice
- Member of Va. Bar Association
- TC Williams School of Law, Juris Doctorate, 1989
- University of Virginia- BS English 1986 , 1986
- Topic was Preparing your Case:Procedures for the Claimant;Determining the Value of a claim; and Settlement options(Including MSA Considerations), Speaker , Continuing Learning Education Speaker, 2011
- The step by step guide on filling out your Claims for Benefits form. This will help you to assure that you fill out all the right and necessary areas to get your full maximum benefits., How to fill out a claims for benefits, 2011
- Why Michele Lewane became a Workers' Compensation lawyer in Virginia
- The National Trial Lawyers’ mission helps to promote excellence in the legal profession through advocacy training, networking and education of trial lawyers., Top 100 Trial Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers, 2012
- AV Preeminent rating Martindale-Hubbell 2014
- Finished in top ten of graduationg class, TC Williams School of Law, 1989
- Michele Lewane selected as a WILG Top 100 Injured Workers' Attorney for 2014.WILG (Workers' Injury Law & Advocacy Group), is a national non-profit membership organization dedicated to representing the interests of millions of workers and their families who, each year, suffer the consequences of work-related injuries or occupational illnesses and who need expert legal assistance to obtain medical care and other relief under workers' compensation programs., 2014
- trade skills
- Super Lawyers: 2015 - 2024