Top Rated Employment Litigation Attorney in Richmond, VA
Attorney Robert Allen is a partner with ThorsenAllen, LLP, law firm in Richmond, Virginia. A top-rated and award-winning trial attorney with more than 16 years of legal experience, Mr. Allen provides exceptional advocacy and support to clients across the greater Richmond metro area and surrounding counties who have legal needs involving any of the following:
- Employment law, including workplace discrimination, sexual harassment, wrongful termination and other serious grievances
- Personal injury and wrongful death claims arising from motor vehicle accidents and other preventable tragedies
- Civil rights abuse cases
- Commercial litigation
- Real estate litigation involving zoning and land use disputes, breaches of purchase and sales agreements, fraud, termite damage, and more
Along with maintaining a successful trial practice, Mr. Allen also has extensive experience with arbitrations and appeals, and he has gained a reputation for his aggressive approach to obtaining the favorable outcomes his clients seek both inside and outside the courtroom. Moreover, he has assisted numerous landowners, farmers and other property owners in his region with conserving their property under conservation easements, and he maintains an abiding interest in historical preservation, land conservation and sustainable development.
In recognition for his outstanding professionalism and service, Mr. Allen has received many top rankings and endorsements from his peers, and Virginia Business magazine voted him among Virginia's Legal Elite for Civil Litigation in 2017. He has also received “Superb” client ratings on Avvo along with numerous testimonials and referrals from those he has served.
Mr. Allen graduated from the University of Virginia in 1999 as an Echols Scholar. He then attended the University of Richmond School of Law, where he obtained his Juris Doctor in 2003 and served as member of the school's Moot Court board. He is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia, the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit, and the U.S. Supreme Court.
Regarded as a leader in his field, Mr. Allen has several publications to his credit along with reported decisions at the trial and appellate levels. He is also an active member of the Virginia State Bar and the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, among his other professional affiliations.
- 20%Employment Litigation: Plaintiff
- 30%Civil Litigation: Plaintiff
- 20%Employment & Labor: Employee
- 10%Business Litigation
- 10%Civil Rights
- 10%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Employment Discrimination, Wrongful Termination, Retaliation, Employment Law - Employee, Wage & Hour Laws, Sexual Harassment, Trade Secret, Non-Compete Agreements, Police Misconduct, Race Discrimination, Disability, Discrimination, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2022
About Robert Allen
First Admitted: 2004, Virginia
Professional Webpage: http://www.thorsenallen.com/robert-j-allen.html
- High Client and AVVO Ratings
- Virginia Legal Elite - Civil Litigation, Virginia Business, 2017
- Moot court board, University of Richmond School of Law
- U.S. 4th Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court (E.D.Va.)
- U.S. District Courts for Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia
- Virginia State Bar, Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Virginia Supreme Court
- University of Virginia, B.S. City Planning, Honors: Echols Scholar, 1999
Last Updated: 5/15/2022