Ronald S. Evans
Top rated family law attorney in Richmond, VirginiaBarnes & Diehl, P.C.
Ronald S. Evans is a staunch attorney and shareholder at the Richmond, Virginia, law firm of Barnes & Diehl, P.C. With over 45 years of legal experience, he provides solace to individuals and families seeking legal services in matters related to:
· Pre and postnuptial agreements
· Grandparents’ rights and paternity
· Child support and spousal support
· Domestic violence and emergency orders
· Military divorce and child custody
· Business and debt issues in divorce
· Property division
· Medical malpractice
· Legal malpractice
Mr. Evans attended the Virginia Commonwealth University to complete his Bachelor of Arts. He received his Juris Doctor from the University of Richmond School of Law. During that time, he won the Exemplary Leadership Award and served as the Decisions and Legislation Editor of the University of Richmond Law Review.
Licensed to practice in Virginia since 1976, Mr. Evans is also qualified to appear before the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia and the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit.
Mr. Evans takes pride in the long-term relationships he has built within his community. He frequently acts as a continuing legal education instructor and holds active memberships in several legal organizations. He is the former president of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers – Virginia Chapter, and the former chair and board member of Virginia State Bar. He is a part of CARITAS, an organization that provides shelter and other necessities to the homeless. Furthermore, he participated in the “Every Member Giving” campaign by St. James’s Episcopal Church.
Evaluating Mr. Evans’s professionalism and ethical standards, Martindale-Hubbell awarded him an AV Preeminent* rating. He was also recognized by The Best Lawyers in America and the Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers. The Virginia Lawyers Weekly listed him among Leaders in the Law and the “Hall of Fame” Class of 2021.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasFamily law, General litigation, Personal injury - products: plaintiff
- 80% Family law
- 10% General litigation
- 10% Personal injury - products: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1976, Virginia
Professional Webpage: https://barnesfamilylaw.com/ronald-s-evans/
- “AV ® Preeminent ™” under the Martindale Hubbell, Rating System
- Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers, 2015
- Lawyer of the Year in Family Law, Richmond, Virginia, 2013
- Virginia Super Lawyers, 2006 – present
- The Best Lawyers in America, 1993 – present
- Virginia Lawyers Weekly Leaders In The Law, 2019
- Virginia Lawyers Weekly Hall of Fame, 2021
- Howell v. Howell, 31 Va. App., 332 (2000)
- Montgomery v. Talbot, 1997 Va. App., Lexus 475
- Barnann v. Barnann, 25 Va. App., Lexus 440 (2005)
- Watts v. Watts, 40 Va. App., 685 (2003)
- Westberg v. Westberg, 12 Va. App., 657 (1991)
- Virginia State Bar
- Family Law Coalition, 2006 – present
- Board of Governors: Family Law Section of VA State Bar 1988-1992, Chair 1991-1992
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, VA Chapter President 2016-2018
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- B.A., Virginia Commonwealth University, Exemplary Leadership Award
Office location for Ronald S. Evans
7401 Beaufont Springs Drive
Richmond, VA 23225
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2023