Top Rated Immigration Attorney in Richmond, VA
Also available in DC:
2030 16th Street NW
Washington, DC 20009
Soulmaz Taghavi is the principal attorney at the Richmond, Virginia, law firm of Taghavi Immigration Law. She founded her law firm with a vision to provide individuals and families with the most competent immigration legal services in the least expensive way possible. Her areas of practice include:
· Family-based immigration
· Citizenship and naturalization
· Asylum and detainee defense
· Green cards
· Temporary protected status
· Immigrant and nonimmigrant visas
· Removal proceedings
After graduating cum laude from Virginia Commonwealth University with a bachelor’s degree in international relations and economics in 2010, Ms. Taghavi attended the University of Virginia to obtain her master’s degree in Middle Eastern studies in 2011. She received her Juris Doctor, cum laude, from the North Carolina Central University School of Law in 2014.
As an outshining law student, Ms. Taghavi was placed on the dean’s list. She functioned as the staff editor of the North Carolina Central University Law Review and the treasurer of the Hispanic Law Student Association. She interned for the Honorable Judge Herbert B. Dixon Jr. at the Superior Court of the District of Columbia. She also served as a summer intern at The American University in Cairo, Egypt, to study Arabic and International Business.
Fluent in English and Persian, Ms. Taghavi has been the contributing author of several articles for publications. She also often addresses and connects with the audience and shares insightful information on immigration law.
A native of Richmond, Virginia, Ms. Taghavi maintains active memberships in many legal organizations such as The Virginia Bar Association, the Iranian American Bar Association – Washington, D.C., Chapter and Phoenix Chapter, the American Immigration Lawyers Association and the Central Virginia Iranian American Society.
Over the years, Ms. Taghavi has fought for the rights and liberties of immigrants accused of criminal and traffic offenses. She has handled hundreds of cases before the Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA) and other immigration courts, and has prepared and filed motions, defensive reliefs, humanitarian petitions, and waivers for the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
Known for her reputable litigation services and commitment, Ms. Taghavi upholds the highest standards of dignity and professionalism. She was honored with the Legal Elite Award in 2019 and 2020 for considering customer satisfaction as the backbone of her practice.
- 90%Immigration: Consumer
- 10%Immigration: Business
Asylum, Naturalization & Citizenship
- Rising Stars: 2022
Articles about Soulmaz Taghavi appearing in Super Lawyers
About Soulmaz Taghavi
First Admitted: 2014, Virginia
Professional Webpage: https://tilimmigration.com/our-team/
- Virginia Bar Association
- Central Virginia Iranian American Society (Treasurer)
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Iranian American Bar Association (Phoenix Chapter)
- Iranian-American Bar Association (D.C. Chapter)
- Winner of the Legal Elite Award, 2019 & 2020
- Law Journal Publication, https://heinonline.org/HOL/LandingPage?handle=hein.journals/thurlr39&div=15&id=&page=
- Deportation Threat Strikes Fear in County’s Growing Latino Population, https://www.chesterfieldobserver.com/articles/deportation-threat-strikes-fear-in-countys-growing-latino-popu
- Understanding the Impact of ICE Starts Here, at the Arboretum, https://www.chesterfieldobserver.com/articles/understanding-the-impact-of-ice-starts-here-at-the-arboretum/
- What Rescinding DACA Means for Young Immigrants, https://www.chesterfieldobserver.com/articles/what-rescinding-daca-means-for-yo
- Virginia Commonwealth University, International Relations and Economics
- American University in Cairo, Egypt, Arabic and International Business
- University of Virginia, masters degree in Middle Eastern Studies
Last Updated: 5/15/2022