Lenden A. Eakin
Top Rated Estate Planning & Probate Attorney in Roanoke, VA
Lenden A. Eakin is a partner at Ferris & Eakin, P.C., in Roanoke, Virginia. Mr. Eakin is an attorney with over 35 years of experience. He represents clients throughout Virginia in matters involving estate administration, disputes, litigation and planning. He also works with personal injury and wrongful death matters and defends clients against DUI or reckless driving charges.
After earning a bachelor’s degree from the College of William & Mary, Mr. Eakin went on to receive his law degree from the University of Richmond School of Law. He holds licenses to practice law before all Virginia state courts, the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia, the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Virginia and the U.S. Tax Court.
Earlier in his legal career, Mr. Eakin spent two years working as a staff attorney at the Federal Land Bank of Baltimore. He entered private practice in 1986 as a solo attorney and formed Ferris & Eakin, P.C., in 1988. Additionally, he spent over 10 years serving in the Virginia Army National Guard.
Mr. Eakin is the recipient of recognition for his successful career and commitment to providing high-quality legal services. “The Best Lawyers in America” has listed him in its publication, reflecting his extraordinary litigation skills and experience.
Outside of his law practice, Mr. Eakin enjoys serving his community. He is involved with community organizations, including Habitat for Humanity in the Roanoke Valley and the Virginia Department of Wildlife Resources. He also provides pro bono estate planning services to members of the U.S. military.
About Lenden A. Eakin
First Admitted: 1984
Professional Webpage: https://www.roanokevirginialaw.com/attorney/lenden-a-eakin/
- Virginia Tech Masters of Business of Administration Program
- The College of William and Mary, Williamsburg, Virginia, B.B.A., Bachelor of Business Administration, 1979
Pro bono/Community Service
- Virginia Department of Inland Game & Fisheries, 2005 to Present
- Free Estate Planning to Deploying Military Members, 2000 to Present
- Habitat for Humanity, 2008 to Present
- , Best Lawyers in America
- Showdown: The Looming Crisis Over Gun Control, Lamplight Press, 2014
- Virginia, 1984
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, 1986
- U.S. Tax Court, 1987
- U.S. Federal Court, 1986
- U.S. District Court Western District of Virginia, 1987
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Virginia, 1987
Last Updated: 10/29/2021