Neal S. Johnson
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Roanoke, VA
Neal S. Johnson received his undergraduate degree from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (Virginia Tech) and a Masters Degree in Administration from George Washington University. He received his juris doctor degree from Washington and Lee University School of Law in 1981. He served as a member of the Board of Governors of the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association from 1993 until 1998. He is a member of and active in numerous bar associations including the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, the Virginia State Bar, and the Virginia Bar Association. Mr. Johnson enjoys an AV (Preiminent) rating by Martindale-Hubble, and has been selected as one of the top 100 trial lawyers in the Commonwealth of Virginia by the National Trial Lawyers Assosciation.
Mr. Johnson has over 37 years of trial experience in civil and criminal litigation in both state and federal courts. In recent years Mr. Johnson has devoted most of his professional time in the representation of individuals who have sustained devastating personal injury whether it be caused by defective products, automobile accidents, medical malpractice, or other forms of negligence; the representation of individuals in complex divorce litigation; the representation of individuals or businesses involved in complex commercial litigation; and the representation of individuals charged with serious criminal offenses including capital murder. In the personal injury area, representation includes individuals injured by medical negligence, serious automobile accidents, and products such as L-Trytophan, Propulsid, DPT vaccines, defective vehicles, defective food products, breast implants, fireworks, and other products.
In the state court system, Mr. Johnson has handled and tried cases in most circuits in the Western and Central part of the state, from Abingdon to Richmond. He has handled federal court cases in the Harrisonburg Division, Charlottesville Division, Lynchburg Division, Roanoke Division, Danville Division, Abingdon Division, and Big Stone Gap Division of the United States District Court for the Western District of Virginia, and cases in both the Richmond Division and Alexandria Division of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia. He also has experience in federal multi-district litigation. His appellate court experience includes successful representation before the Virginia Court of Appeals, the Virginia Supreme Court, and the United States Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals.
About Neal S. Johnson
First Admitted: 1981, Virginia
Professional Webpage: http://www.johnsonlawplc.com/attorneys/
- National Trial Lawyers Association Top 100 Trial Lawyers (Virginia) Martindale Hubble AV Rating
- Washington & Lee University School of Law (J.D., 1981) George Washington University (M.S., 1978) Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University (B.S., 1975)
Pro bono/Community Service
- Rotary Clubs
- Board of Governors Virginia Trial Lawyers Association Past-President Rockbridge County Bar Association
- $3.25 million dollar settlement in auto accident case, 2020
- $2,000,000.00 recovery for Wrongful Death in a Tractor Trailer Case, 2019
- $1,680,000.00 recovery in a Defective Products Case Involving an Explosion, 2018
- $5,700,000.00 recovery in a Defective Products Case Involving Traumatic Brain Injury, 2017
- Bratton v. Nininger et al: Five Million Dollar Verdict in a wrongful death trial in the Circuit Court of Roanoke County, Virginia Multimillion dollar settlement in two negligence and products liability cases over the past two years., 2013
Last Updated: 6/1/2022