Daniel H. Ruttenberg
Top rated Estate Planning & Probate attorney in Vienna, VirginiaSmolenPlevy
Practice Areas: Estate Planning & Probate, Business & Corporate, Tax
Licensed in Virginia since: 1997
Education: George Mason University School of Law
Daniel H. Ruttenberg is a principal with the firm. He is a member of the Bar in Virginia, Maryland and the District of Columbia, and is licensed as a Certified Public Accountant in by the State of Maryland. Mr. Ruttenberg received his Bachelor of Science degree with a double major in Accounting and Finance from the University of Maryland. He earned his Juris Doctor with Honors from George Mason University School of Law and his Master of Laws in Taxation with Distinction from Georgetown University Law Center.
Mr. Ruttenberg is the author of "The Tax Court's Execution of the Family Entity: The Tax Court's Application of Internal REvenue Code Section 2036(a) to Family Entities," North Dakota Law Review Vol. 80:41 (2004). For the past six years, he has served as Vice President of Devotion To Children, a charity which provides access to high-quality educational and childcare programs for children from low-income families, aged six and under. Mr. Ruttenberg served as the Director of the Fairfax Bar Association (FBA) for seven years. During this period, he was also elected president – the youngest in FBA history. He also served as a member of the Board of Directors for the Fairfax Law Foundation. Mr. Ruttenberg received a SmartCEO Magazine Power Player award in 2013 and was named a Top Lawyer by Northern Virginia Magazine in 2013, 2010 and 2009.
First Admitted: 1997, Virginia
Professional Webpage: http://smolenplevy.com/lawyer/daniel-h-ruttenberg/
- Dan Ruttenberg Discusses Estate Taxes
- Dan Ruttenberg Discusses Revocable Living Trusts
- Dan Ruttenberg Explains Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts
- Dan Ruttenberg Explains How to Have Access to the Assets During Incapacity
- Dan Ruttenberg Explains Estate Planning Basics
- Dan Ruttenberg on Gifting
- Devotion to Children with SmolenPlevy's Dan Ruttenberg
- Vice President, Devotion To Children, Inc.
- Certified Public Accountant
- President, Fairfax Bar Association, 2007
- Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2024
- Rising Stars: 2008