Jeffrey A. Breit
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Virginia Beach, VirginiaBreit Biniazan, P.C.
Practice Areas: Personal Injury, Products Liability
Licensed in Virginia since: 1979
Education: Tulane University Law School
Breit Biniazan, P.C.600 22nd Street
Virginia Beach, VA 23451 Phone: 757-622-6000 Email: Jeffrey A. Breit Visit website
For over 40 years, Jeffrey Breit has fought for the underdog and in the path developed a successful career as a personal injury lawyer in Virginia Beach and throughout Virginia. Jeffrey Breit is well known for his work in the BP Deepwater Horizon case as well as his representation of plaintiffs in Virginia against Chinese Drywall manufacturers. He is very active in American Associates for Justice (AAJ) and is an adjunct professor at William & Mary Law School.
First Admitted: 1979, Virginia
Professional Webpage: https://www.bbtrial.com/attorneys/jeffrey-breit/
- President, Operation Smile, 1986-1988
- Author, "Technology in the Courtroom", North Carolina Academy of Trial Lawyers, Raleigh, NC, October 10, 2008Panel Discussions: "Having the Plaintiff at Trial" and "Effective Witnesses the Defense Does Not Anticipate", Virginia Trial Lawyers Association Brain Injury Retreat, Richmond, VA, September 27, 2008Author, “Opening Statements”, Virginia Trial Lawyers - Virginia College of Trial Advocacy, Williamsburg, VA, May, 2008Lecture on Focus Groups in Brain Injury Cases, Brain Injury Association of America Annual Conference, Las Vegas, NV, April, 2008Author, “Tort Law Update”, Virginia Trial Lawyers Annual Convention, The Homestead, March, 2008Author, "Use of Demonstrative Evidence for Direct and Cross Examination:Entertaining Story With Pictures and Words", Kentucky Justice Association Annual Convention, Lexington, KY, September 27, 2007Author, "Use of Demonstrative Evidence for Direct and Cross Examination: Entertaining Story With Pictures and Words," North Carolina Academy of Trial Lawyers, Sunset Beach, NC, June 16, 2007Author, "Opening Statements," Virginia Trial Lawyers Annual Convention, April 2006Author, "Enhancing Damages by Proving a Defendant's Bad Conduct," ATLA Annual Convention, Toronto, July 2005Author, "The Things They Didn't Teach You in Law School," ATLA Annual Convention, Toronto, July 2005Author, "Damages in Opening Statement," New Approaches to Damages Seminar, ATLA, New Orleans, LA, October 2004Author, "Tips to Motivate a Jury in a Traumatic Brain Injury Case," VTLA Brain Injury Retreat, Richmond, VA, October 2004Author, "Dealing with Defenses," NABIS Annual Conference, Vail, CO, September 2004Author, "Improving the Jury Using Juror Questions," ATLA Annual Convention, July 2004Author, "Conflict Between Attorney and Client on Settlement v. Trial," Virginia Trial Lawyers Annual Convention, April 2004Author, "The Wired Courtroom," Virginia Bar Association, January 2004Author, "Supreme Court Update, 2003," VTLA Annual Convention, 2003Author, "Using the Jury's Imagination to Maximize Damages," New Jersey Trial Lawyers Annual Convention, April 2003Author, "Responding to Difficult Courtroom Situations: Ethical Considerations," "Direct Examination," "Closing Argument," ATLA NCA Trial Advocacy College, Harvard Law School, March 1999Author, "Deflating Defense Counsel's Arguments at Voir Dire," Association of Trial Lawyers of America, July 1999Author, "Negligent Hiring and Retention in Violent Crime Cases," ATLA NCA Premises Liability Seminar, Phoenix, AZ, February 1999Author, "Premises Liability (3rd Party Criminal Attacks) Inadequate Security," Louisiana Trial Lawyers Association, New Orleans, Louisiana, December 1998Author, "Tort Law Update - Virginia Supreme Court," VTLA Annual Convention, March 1998Author, "The Thing They Didn't Teach (in Law School) - Now I Know that the Following Are Bad Things To Do," VLTA Annual Convention, April 1996Author, "Thoracic Outlet Syndrome," ATLA, March 1993, Colorado Author, "Cross Examination of Experts and Other Ways to Lose a Case," ATLA, March 1993Author, "Excessive and Inadequate Verdicts," Trial Advocacy Seminar, Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, 1994Author, "Payback of Worker's Compensation and Health Care Liens," Trial Advocacy Seminar, Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, 1994Author, "Proving Loss of Society & Services in Wrongful Death," Association of Trial Lawyers, New Orleans, LA, April, 1993Author, "Premises Liability," Lawyers Alert, 1989 Author, "Crafting the Closing and Rebuttal Argument & Closing Argument," Association of Trial Lawyers, Reno, NV, October, 1992Author, "Personal Injury and Death in Maritime Law," Virginia Trial Lawyers, 1987Author, "Wrongful Death-Wage Earner," Virginia Trial Lawyers, 1986
- Virginia Louisiana New York North Carolina Washington, D.C.
- William & Mary's St. George Tucker Adjunct Professorship Award Recipient, 2008 Adjunct Professor of Law, William & Mary Law School Voting Member of the GRAMMY Awards Fellow, National College of Advocacy, ATLA Listed, Best Lawyers in America Listed, Who's Who in American Law Listed, SuperLawyers Magazine - One of the Top 10 Lawyers in Virginia 2006 Listed, SuperLawyers Magazine - One of the Top 50 Lawyers in Virginia 2007 Virginia Trial Lawyers Association (Member, Board of Governors, 1983-1993 and President, 1998-1999) Member of Virginia, North Carolina, Louisiana, New York, and District of Columbia Bar Associations Member of American Bar Association Member of Virginia Beach and Norfolk-Portsmouth Bar Associations Member of the Maritime Law Association of the United States The Association of Trial Lawyers of America (Member, Board of Governors, 1988- present) Member, International Academy of Trial LawyersMember, North Carolina Trial Lawyers AssociationPresident, Operation Smile, 1986-1988 Member of the Board of Editors, Maritime Law Reporter, Butterworth, 1986-1988
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2023