Joseph A. Miller
Top Rated Workers' Compensation Attorney in Virginia Beach, VA
Attorney Joseph A. Miller is the founder and president of Joe Miller Law, Ltd, which has law offices in Virginia Beach, Virginia, and Elizabeth City, North Carolina. Representing the rights and entitlements of clients throughout each of these states, as well as acting as pro hac vice for innocent accident victims in South Carolina, Georgia, Maryland, Tennessee and Florida, Mr. Miller focuses his practice on workers' compensation and serious personal injury claims.
A top-rated trial attorney with more than 25 years of legal experience, Mr. Miller has achieved notable success advocating on behalf of those who suffered an injury or loss as a result of a workplace accident, because of a motor vehicle accident or some other preventable tragedy caused by another party's negligence or wrongdoing; he has recovered millions of dollars for his plaintiff clients.
Widely regarded as a leader in his field, Mr. Miller has published several books and numerous articles on a variety of legal topics related to workers' compensation and personal injury law. He is also highly active in his legal community, and he is a member of the North Carolina Advocates for Justice, the American Association for Justice, the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association and the American Bar Association, among his other professional affiliations.
After graduating from Emory University in 1984, Mr. Miller attended William & Mary Law School, where he obtained his Juris Doctor in 1987. Recognized for his impeccable professionalism and service, he has earned numerous awards and honors throughout his career, including a Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished* rating as well as a Top One Percent designation from the National Association of Distinguished Counsel.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- As Joe Miller relates, if you pass out while driving a vehicle for work, even if it cannot be explained, your resulting injuries from the wreck are covered by Virginia Workers Comp. This is because your job requires you to be in a moving vehicle. If you were at home, you may have only suffered minor injuries, but if you pass out while driving, it can be catastrophic. In other words, the increased risk is due to employment. Therefore, your injury is compensable, Idiopathic Work Injuries while Driving, Virginia Worker's Compensation Attorney, 2017
About Joseph A. Miller
First Admitted: 1988, Virginia
Professional Webpage: https://joemillerinjurylaw.com/staff/
- Western Branch High School, 1980
- William and Mary Law School --Juris Doctor Degree, 1987
- B.A. Emory University, Atlanta, GA, 1984
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Joe Miller has published numerous books relating to Virginia Workers Compensation, North Carolina Workers Compensation, and Personal Injury Law, specifically with regard to Car Accident cases. Here are a couple: Ten Traps and Lies that Can Ruin Your Virginia Workers Compensation Case The North Carolina Workers Compensation Guide to Settlements, 2016
- Joe Miller has achieved numerous settlements and victories for his clients this year, as he has been doing for many years. See our website for further details. Please note that case results depend on a variety of factors unique to each case, 2017
- North Carolina
- Here Attorney Joseph Miller explains what you need to do in order to enforce your rights in a Virginia Workers Compensation Case. , What is an Open Award?, Workers Compensation, 2015
- Here Joe Miller gives an example of a horrific situation which illustrates why you should never wait to call a lawyer if you've been hurt at work. We received a call from a man who had his hand chopped off in an industrial accident, but there was nothing we could do to assist him. He had waited far too long to contact an attorney and let all of his rights expire. In doing so, he missed out on thousands of dollars we likely could have obtained for him, not to mention the lifetime medical care he would have been entitled to.Do not let this happen to you.Watch the video to hear the entire story., Why You Should Hesitate to Hire a Workers Comp Lawyer, Workers Compensation Lawyer, 2017
- Can contracting COVID-19 “kill” or derail a perfectly good workers compensation case in Virginia? Find out: https://t.co/0SxQMx4hbG
- If you have a few minutes to spare today around 4.45 pm, step outside to possible catch a glimpse of the rocket lau… https://t.co/nuhFmwxRTb
- Great news! We have been rated and featured by Super Lawyers 2019.
- If you have been hurt and are looking for an attorney, here are three tips to finding a great one in Virginia Beach! https://t.co/ILLMd0SPjS
Last Updated: 5/15/2022