Michael Anthony Robusto
Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Virginia Beach, VA
Attorney Michael Anthony Robusto of the law firm Slipow, Robusto & Kellam, P.C., in Virginia Beach, Virginia, serves clients throughout Virginia in legal matters of criminal, DUI, personal injury and traffic law. Mr. Robusto has been admitted to practice in the state of Virginia since 1983 and has more than three decades of experience in these areas of law.
After graduating cum laude from Old Dominion University in Norfolk, Virginia, Mr. Robusto earned his law degree from William & Mary Law School in Williamsburg, Virginia. Over the course of his many successful years in practice, he has litigated and settled many cases in both the civil and criminal areas.
Mr. Robusto has attained the highest possible rating of AV Preeminent* from the prominent peer review organization Martindale-Hubbell, a distinction bestowed on only a select few attorneys. He has also received other honors and awards for his work, including being named the “funniest lawyer in Tidewater” two times and listed as a “legal elite” in Virginia Business magazine.
Outside of his law practice, Mr. Robusto has consistently been an active member of the Virginia legal community. He is a member of state professional legal organizations, including the Virginia Beach Bar Association and the Virginia State Bar.
In addition, Mr. Robusto has previously served roles in Virginia based legal organizations. These include being a former member of the Virginia State Bar’s judicial evaluation committee and also a former chairperson of the Virginia State Bar’s 2nd District disciplinary committee.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 30%Criminal Defense
- 40%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 30%Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI
Arrest & Arraignment, Assault & Battery, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, Felony, Juvenile Delinquency, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Murder, Overdrawn Bank Account, Probation, Sex Offenses, Theft, Traffic Violations, Criminal Domestic Violence, Animal Bites, Assault, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Brain Injury, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, DUI/DWI
- Super Lawyers: 2011 - 2022
Articles about Michael Anthony Robusto appearing in Super Lawyers
About Michael Anthony Robusto
First Admitted: 1983, Virginia
Professional Webpage: https://www.srklawpc.com/michael-anthony-robusto
- Old Dominion University, Bachelor of Science, Cum Laude - 1979
- Virginia State Bar, 1983
- Member of the Virginia State Bar Judicial Candidate Evaluation Committee, 2014
- Former Member, VA State Bar Judicial Evaluation Committee
- Former Chairperson - VA State Bar, 2nd District Disciplinary Committee
- Member, Virginia State Bar and Virginia Beach Bar Association
- Legal Elite, Virginia Business Magazine
- Funniest Lawyer in Tidewater
- Peer Rated "Preeminent", AV rating, Martindale Hubbell
- "Recognizing Outstanding Attorneys that raise the bar of Local Law", Coastal Virginia's Top Lawyers, Coastal Virginia Business Magazine
- Peer selected as Criminal Defense Super Lawyer
Pro bono/Community Service
- Former Officer/Director Catholic Charities of Eastern Virginia
- @ODUFootball This is the crowd you get with the current state of our team https://t.co/GnfB4kDpYs
- @kerrydougherty Since when does the Governor hire and fire teachers?
- @ODUFootball Any chance we can spend some money on the Refs PA system?
- @ODUMensHoops Any idea what the attendance policy will be if we have tickets for the FAU games?
- @DonnaKrache https://t.co/gfacUX1QfE.
Last Updated: 5/15/2022