Stephen P. Pfeiffer
Top rated DUI-DWI attorney in Virginia Beach, VirginiaWolcott Rivers Gates
Attorney at law at Stephen P. Pfeiffer, Stephen P. Pfeiffer represents clients facing DUI, DWI, Manslaughter and other criminal cases in Virginia, including the following areas: Norfolk, Virginia Beach, the Eastern Shore (Cape Charles, North Hampton, Accomack County) and the Hampton Roads area. He will travel farther for manslaughter and vehicular homicide cases and federal criminal law cases. During his career, he has defended clients facing charges of bribing a public official, sex crimes, bribery, counterfeiting, identify theft, embezzlement, unemployment and welfare fraud, bank and insurance fraud, check and credit card fraud, Medicare/Medicaid fraud, tax and health care fraud, DUI, DWI, racing, reckless driving, manslaughter and vehicular homicide.
Mr. Pfeiffer is admitted to practice in the state of Virginia and before the following federal courts: the United States District Court for the Western District of Virginia, the United States Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit and the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia. A Fellow of the Virginia Law Foundation, he was named by Inside Business as a Top 40 Under 40 and a Top 10 Under 40 by the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
In 2004, Mr. Pfeiffer graduated summa cum laude from Carroll College with a Bachelor of Arts. He then moved on to law school at Regent University School of Law, where he graduated cum laude with his Juris Doctor.
He is a Founding Member of the American Association of Premier DUI Attorneys and a member of the Norfolk & Portsmouth Bar Association, the Virginia State Bar, the Virginia Beach Bar Association and the Bar Association of Norfolk County. The American Bar Association named him a National Champion, and for his high ethical standards and long list of successful results, he holds the highest peer rating possible of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell.
* AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasCriminal Defense: DUI/DWI, Criminal Defense
Criminal Law, DUI/DWI
- 90% Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI
- 10% Criminal Defense
First Admitted: 2007, Virginia
Professional Webpage: http://www.followthepfeiffer.com
- Carroll College Waukesha, WI Majors: History and Political Science Summa Cum Laude
- Virginia's Legal Elite, Virginia Business Magazine, 2011
- Top 40 Under 40 Virginia Business Magazine
- American Bar Association's National Champion in Legal Negotiations, American Bar Association , 2007
- Virginia's Legal Elite, Virginia Business Magazine , 2012
- James Kent American Inn of Court President , 2020
- Virginia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers Board Member
- Virginia Beach Bar Association Virginia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers James Kent Inn of Court Community Association Institute
- Former Chair of the Virginia Beach Bar Association's Young Lawyers Division
- Mr. Pfeiffer is certified in the NHTSA Standardize Field Sobriety Testing, 2021
- Mr. Pfeiffer is certified in the NHTSA Advanced Roadside Impairment Detection (ARIDE), 2023
Office location for Stephen P. Pfeiffer
200 Bendix Road
Virginia Beach, VA 23452
- Super Lawyers: 2023 - 2024
- Rising Stars: 2012 - 2022