Top rated business litigation attorney in Woodbridge, VirginiaWalsh, Colucci, Lubeley & Walsh, P.C.
Practice Areas: Business litigation, Real estate, Civil litigation
Licensed in Virginia since: 2011
Attorney Matthew Westover is a shareholder with the Walsh Colucci Lubeley & Walsh PC law firm, which has four law offices across northern Virginia. Working primarily out of the firm's Prince William office, Mr. Westover provides exceptional counsel and support to clients who are dealing with complex civil and commercial litigation issues as well as eminent domain matters, zoning, and other real estate disputes.
A northern Virginia native, Mr. Westover has a genuine concern for the legal issues that affect the businesses and residents of his community, and he has invaluable insight into the areas' local courts, procedures, and real estate market. Throughout his legal career, he has represented a diverse range of clients, including lenders, property owners, developers, and real estate investors, condominium and community associations, and others. He has successfully handled a variety of matters before various administrative agencies.
In addition to advocating for his clients in state and federal courts as well as before administrative and governing bodies, Mr. Westover delivers outside general counsel and much-needed transactional support with complex real estate transactions. He has also handled trust and estate litigation, appeals, finance and acquisition matters, and the sale of real property along with assisting his clients in obtaining permits and licenses, and remaining in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
A leader in his field, Mr. Westover has several publications to his credit, and he has conducted continuing legal education seminars across his region on a variety of topics. He has also spoken before various trade groups related to his practice, including the Northern Virginia Building Industry Association. Honored for his professionalism and service, he has earned top rankings from his peers along with testimonials and referrals from his satisfied clients.
A 2007 cum laude graduate of York College of Pennsylvania, Mr. Westover obtained his Juris Doctor magna cum laude from Pennsylvania State University's Dickinson School of Law in 2011. While there, he was a member of the Woolsack Honor Society and served as articles editor of The Penn State Law Review. He also received the Joseph Parker McKeehan Award for his outstanding academic achievements and exemplary service. He is an active member of the Virginia Bar Association, among his other professional affiliations.
Practice areasBusiness litigation, Real estate: business, Civil litigation: defense
- 50% Business litigation
- 30% Real estate: business
- 20% Civil litigation: defense
First Admitted: 2011, Virginia
Professional Webpage: https://thelandlawyers.com/professionals/westover/
- Joseph Parker McKeehan Award, The Dickinson School of Law of the Pennsylvania State University, 2011
- “Virginia Rising Stars,” Business Litigation, Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, 2019
- Woolsack Honor Society
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2019
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Virginia Bar Association
- Real Estate Law from Contract to Closing,” VALS, Richmond, Virginia, 2014
- The Breaking Point: Examining the Potential Liability of Maple Baseball Bat Manufacturers for Injuries Caused by Broken Maple Baseball Bats, 115 Penn St. L. Rev. 517, 2010
- “10 Rules of Virginia Land Use Law You Must Know,” Northern Virginia Building Industry Association, U40 Future Leaders, Fairfax, Virginia, 2013
- Virginia Case Law Update,” CLE, Vienna, Virginia, 2012–2013
- Virginia Real Estate Case Law Update,” CLE, Vienna, Virginia, 2013–2014
- Presenter, Northern Virginia Building Industry Association
- Virginia Real Estate Case Law Update,” CLE, Vienna, Virginia, 2014-2015
- Virginia Real Estate Case Law Update,” CLE, Vienna, Virginia, 2015-2016
- Virginia Real Estate Case Law Update,” CLE, Vienna, Virginia, 2016-2017
- “5 Rules of Virginia Land Use Law You Must Know,” Northern Virginia Building Industry Association, Prince William, Virginia, 2017
- Virginia Real Estate Case Law Update,” CLE, Vienna, Virginia, 2017-2018
- The Penn State Law Review, Articles Editor
- York College of Pennsylvania, B.A, cum laude, 2007
Office location for Matthew Westover
4310 Prince WIlliam Parkway
Woodbridge, VA 22192
- Rising Stars: 2019, 2021