Allison G. Geewax
Top rated construction litigation attorney in Washington, Washington DCAsmar Schor & McKenna PLLC
Practice Areas: Construction litigation, Government contracts
Licensed in Washington DC since: 2015
Education: The George Washington University Law School
Asmar Schor & McKenna PLLC5335 Wisconsin Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20015 Phone: 202-244-4264 Email: Allison G. Geewax Visit website
Allison Geewax maintains a diverse practice both as a litigator and as a client counselor, advising clients in all phases of government contracting and construction. In addition to her experience litigating construction matters in the District of Columbia and Maryland, she has experience in government contracts litigation before the Boards of Contract Appeals and the United States Court of Federal Claims, as well as bid protest experience at GAO. Allison also advises small business clients on issues such as SBA 8(a) certification, joint venture agreements, and SBA Mentor-Protégé agreements, and has organized and presented at informational and networking seminars on these topics. She works extensively on drafting and negotiating AIA and DBIA agreements to suit specific client and project needs.
Allison is an adjunct professor at the George Washington University Law School. She is an active member of the National Contract Management Association, and was a recipient of the Association’s Outstanding Academic Achievement Award in Government Contracts. Allison is also a member of the Federal Circuit Bar Association and the Board of Contract Appeals Bar Association.
Allison received her J.D. from the George Washington University Law School, graduating in the top 12% of her class. While in law school, she was a member of the Moot Court Board and the Alternative Dispute Resolution Board. Allison was also an Articles Editor for the Public Contract Law Journal, where her work has been published. Additionally, she was both a participant in and co-chair of the Gilbert A. Cuneo Government Contracts Moot Court Competition, in 2013 and 2014 respectively.
First Admitted: 2015, Washington DC
Professional Webpage: https://www.asm-law.com/team/allison-geewax/
- The George Washington University Law School, J.D. Cumulative GPA 3.622, Top 12% of classActivities: Articles Editor, Public Contract Law Journal Semi-Finalist and Award Recipient for Excellence in Oral Advocacy, McKenna Long & Aldridge Government Contracts Moot Court Competition, 2013 Competition Co-Chair, McKenna Long & Aldridge Government Contracts Moot Court Competition, 2014 Recipient, NCMA Outstanding Academic Achievement Award in Government Contracts, 2014 Member, Moot Court Board & Alternative Dispute Resolution Board Member and 2012 Balfour Scholarship Recipient, Phi Delta Phi, 2014
- The Pennsylvania State University B.A., high distinction, Economics B.A., high distinction, Spanish B.A., high distinction, International Studies Cumulative GPA: 3.93, Top 3% of class, 2010
- Contibuted to Ch. 15 in · Federal Government Construction Contracts, Third Ed.," ABA Forum on Construction, Third Eds. (October 2017). , Contributor, Equitable Adjustments and Claims, Construction, 2017
- Summary of changes to AIA documents in 2017, Co-Author, The American Institute of Architects Releases 2017 Updates, Construction, 2017
- Co-author, Co-Author, Six-Year Statute of Limitations and Cost Reasonableness: The 2014 McKenna Long & Aldridge “Gilbert A. Cuneo” Government Contracts Moot Court Competition, The Public Contract Law Journal, Government Contracts, 2014
- Co-author for D.C., federal, American Samoa, and Guam chapters., Co-Author, 50 State Construction Lien and Bond Law, Construction, 2019
- Represented a condominium developer in its default termination of a general contractor, resulting in judgment in the developer’s favor and the successful defense of nearly $1 million in counterclaims., 2019
- Vice President of Special Programs, National Contract Management Association, DC Chapter Member, Board of Contract Appeals Bar Association Member, American Bar Association, Forum on Construction Law & Section of Public Contract Law Member, Federal Circuit Bar Association Member, Maryland State Bar Association, Construction Law Section & Administrative Law Section, 2019
- Real Estate Development
- Rising Stars: 2020 - 2023