Cassandra W. Lenning
Top Rated Employment & Labor Attorney in Washington, DC
Attorney Cassandra W. Lenning is a partner with Outten & Golden LLP law firm, and she works out of the firm's Washington, D.C., law office. A top-ranked trial lawyer with an extensive amount of legal knowledge and experience, Ms. Lenning provides exceptional counsel, advocacy and support to a diverse range of clients across her region who have legal needs involving any of the following:
· Discrimination and retaliation
· Equal pay
· Breaches of contract
· Wrongful termination
· Executive and professional contracts and compensation
· Disability discrimination
· Harassment and sex discrimination
Over the course of her legal career, Ms. Lenning has achieved considerable success fighting for the rights and entitlements of her plaintiff clients who have suffered serious violations of their rights on the job. Along with employment law litigation, she also handles contract negotiations, restricted covenants and noncompete agreements. She manages negotiations involving employment contracts, separation and severance packages, and bonus compensation.
Ms. Lenning has focused on litigating complex employment law matters her entire career, and she has gained a reputation as a leader in her field. She has received designation as one of the top employment lawyers in her region, and Best Lawyers named her to its Ones to Watch list in 2022.
A cum laude graduate of the University of Washington, Ms. Lenning obtained her Juris Doctor degree from Duke University School of Law. She is admitted to practice in Virginia and the District of Columbia and Washington state as well as before the U.S. District Court for the Districts of Colorado, Maryland and the District of Columbia as well as the Western District of Washington.
She also holds her admission to practice before the U.S. Supreme Court and the U.S. Court of Federal Claims. She is a member of the executive committee of the Washington State Bar Association's Labor and Employment Law Section, and she is a member of the American Bar Association and many other local, state and national legal organizations.
Best Lawyers® and The Best Lawyers in America© are registered trademarks of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC. The names, logo, and database are protected under the trademark, copyright, and fair use laws of the United States of America. Any use of name, including in electronic form, must be made only by permission and under the guidelines of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC.
- 60%Employment & Labor: Employee
- 40%Employment Litigation: Plaintiff
Employment Law - Employee, Unions, Wage & Hour Laws, Whistleblower, Sexual Harassment, Labor Law, Employment Discrimination, Wrongful Termination, Retaliation
- Rising Stars: 2019 - 2022
About Cassandra W. Lenning
First Admitted: 2011, Washington DC
Professional Webpage: https://www.outtengolden.com/lawyer-attorney/cassandra-lenni...
- Member, Washington State Bar Association
- Supreme Court of the United States; the United States District Courts for the District of Colorado, the District of Columbia; the District of Maryland, and the Western District of Washington; and the United States Court of Federal Claims
- Virginia, the District of Columbia, and Washington State
- Member, Washington State Bar Association’s Labor and Employment Law Executive Committee
- Member, Washington Council of Lawyers
- Member, Metropolitan Washington Employment Lawyers Association
- Member, Washington Employment Lawyers Association
- Member, National Employment Lawyers Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Co-authored with Menaka Fernando of Outten & Golden LLP, Co-author, California Law Protects Workers From Termination or Retaliation for Participating in Black Lives Matter or Other Political Protests, O&G Employment Law Blog, 2020
- Moderator: "Workers Without Borders: Employees in Remote Locations," Washington State Bar Association, 21st Annual Labor and Employment Law Conference, Seattle, WA, 2021
- Ones to Watch 2022, Ones to Watch, Best Lawyers, 2022
- Best Lawyers Ones to Watch, Ones to Watch, Best Lawyers, 2021
- 2021, Rising Star, District of Columbia, Super Lawyers, 2021
- 2020 Rising Star, Rising Star, District of Columbia, Super Lawyers, 2020
- 2019 recipient, Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2019
Last Updated: 5/18/2022