J. Mark Gidley
Top Rated Antitrust Litigation Attorney in Washington, DC
Attorney J. Mark Gidley chairs the White & Case Global Antitrust/Competition practice in Washington, D.C. His practice focuses on mergers, acquisitions and cartel cases, often with a transnational focus.
Mr. Gidley's experience includes serving as acting assistant attorney general for the U.S. Department of Justice Antitrust Division, deputy assistant attorney general for Regulated Industries in the Antitrust Division and associate deputy attorney general under then Deputy Attorney William P. Barr, during the first Bush administration.
During his tenure at the Antitrust Division, Mr. Gidley worked on a number of merger and acquisition investigations, including Bank of America's acquisition of Security Pacific National Bank. He brought the successful lawsuit against the major U.S. domestic air carriers for alleged price fixing and cartel behavior. Mr. Gidley supervised the government grand jury investigation of the treasury bond action market which resulted in a $28 million asset forfeiture action against Salomon Brothers; at that time the largest antitrust penalty ever in the division's history for cartel activity.
Mr. Gidley was chosen in a survey of in-house counsel and antitrust practitioners as the leading U.S. competition lawyer under 45, and one of the top ten in the world by Global Competition Review's "45 Under 45" survey of leading antitrust lawyers.
About J. Mark Gidley
First Admitted: 1987, Texas
Professional Webpage: http://www.whitecase.com/mgidley/
- White & Case Wins EMEA Finance Achievement Award
- White & Case Transaction Named "M&A Deal of the Year" by The Deal
- Seven White & Case Transactions Awarded Project Finance International 2011 "Deals of the Year"
- Practical Law Company Names 2012 Leading Lawyers
- White & Case Deals Awarded Islamic Finance News Deal of Year 2011
- White & Case Partner Jeannine Sano Named 2012 BTI Client Service All-Star
- White & Case Antitrust Practice Selected as Law360 "Competition Practice Group of the Year 2011"
Last Updated: 7/23/2020