Julia M. Coleman
Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Washington, DC
Julia M. Coleman is a Partner at McCool Law PLLC in Washington, D.C. A top-rated trial attorney and an emerging leader in her field, Ms. Coleman provides invaluable and effective counsel and support to clients throughout Washington, D.C., who have been charged or are under investigation for serious federal or state white collar crimes, felonies, or misdemeanor offenses.
As a criminal defense attorney, Ms. Coleman provides exceptional defense counsel for the accused, and she has achieved a long record of securing successful outcomes for her clients in state and federal courts across her region. She has also represented clients during internal investigations as well as before grand jury hearings, and she has gained a reputation for her in-depth legal knowledge and aggressive approach at protecting her clients' rights and interests at all turns.
In addition to criminal defense, Ms. Coleman also has extensive experience handling complex civil and administrative matters, including civil tort actions and employment discrimination claims. She has also handled a number of mediations before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission along with her considerable trial experience in state and federal court.
A 2008 graduate of James Madison University with degrees in political science, communication studies and public relations, Ms. Coleman obtained her Juris Doctor in 2012 from The Catholic University of America's Columbus School of Law. While there, she was a member of the Catholic University Law Review staff as well as the Wilhelm C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot Team, where she served as captain her final year.
She holds her license to practice in Maryland and the District of Columbia as well as before the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia and the District of Maryland.
Best Lawyers® and The Best Lawyers in America© are registered trademarks of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC. The names, logo, and database are protected under the trademark, copyright, and fair use laws of the United States of America. Any use of name, including in electronic form, must be made only by permission and under the guidelines of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC.
About Julia M. Coleman
First Admitted: 2012, Maryland
Professional Webpage: http://mccoollawpllc.com/attorney-profiles/julia-m-coleman
- State of Maryland v. Brian O’Callaghan, Case No. 124572C (Mont. Co. Cir. Ct.)
- Colombo v. Patton Boggs, LLP, et al., 2012 CA 00321B (D.C. Super. Ct.)
- Helen Blakney-Mills v. Robert Fritzges, Case No. 0804-0013766-2014 (Balt. Co. Cir. Ct.)
- United States v. Dawayne Brown, et al., 58 F. Supp. 3d 115 (D.D.C 2014)
- Steven Anderson v. Moon Young Hong, et al., Case No. 24-C-13-006563 (Balt. City Cir. Ct.)
- United States v. Leonard I. Solt, 14-CR-2014 (M.D. Fla.)
- United States v. Oliver Harris, 2017 CF2 001254 (D.C. Super. Ct.)
- Catholic University Law Review, 2010-2011 Staff Member, Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law
- Wilhelm C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot Team, 2010-2011 Team Member, 2011-2012 Team Captain, Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- District of Columbia
- James Madison University
Last Updated: 5/15/2022