Linda M. Correia
Top rated Employment Litigation attorney in Washington, Washington DCCorreia & Puth, PLLC
Attorney Linda M. Correia is a founding member of Correia & Puth, PLLC, in Washington, D.C. Ms. Correia focuses her practice on employment law and represents a wide variety of plaintiffs throughout Washington, D.C.
Ms. Correia has been licensed to practice law since 1992 and has been involved in several noteworthy cases resulting in multimillion dollar recoveries for her clients. She has experience with employment cases involving executive compensation agreements, negotiation of severance packages, pregnancy discrimination, retaliation, sex discrimination, sexual harassment and various civil rights statutes.
Ms. Correia has earned many honors and awards by her peers in the legal profession. She received the “trial of the year” award from Public Justice in 2000 and was named “lawyer of the year” by the Metropolitan Washington Employment Lawyers Association in 2008. She has also been recognized by the Trial Lawyers Association of Metropolitan Washington, D.C. Women’s Caucus, Washingtonian magazine and Best Lawyers.
Ms. Correia is AV Preeminent* peer-review rated through Martindale-Hubbell. As an active member of her legal community, she has held leadership roles in organizations including Metropolitan Washington Employment Lawyers Association, the Trial Lawyers Association of Metropolitan Washington, D.C., the National Employment Lawyers Association and the Public Justice Foundation.
After earning a bachelor’s degree from Boston University, Ms. Correia attained her law degree from American University Washington College of Law. She has taught pre-trial litigation at the university and regularly speaks on employment law related topics for various organizations. She is an active member of the District of Columbia Bar and the Massachusetts Bar Association.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasEmployment Litigation: Plaintiff
Employment Law - Employer
- 100% Employment Litigation: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1992, Washington DC
Professional Webpage: https://www.correiaputh.com/linda-m-correia/
- Boston University, 1985
- Board of Directors, National Employment Lawyers Association
- Board of Directors, Public Justice Foundation
- District of Columbia
- Board of Governors, Trial Lawyers Association of Metropolitan Washington DC
- Bar of Massachusetts
- President, Metropolitan Washington Employment Lawyers Association, 2004-2007
- Trial Lawyer of the Year, Trial Lawyers for Public Justice, 2000
- Martindale-Hubbell as “AV Preeminent”
- Women's Caucus Award, Trial Lawyers Association of Metropolitan Washington DC, 2013
- Super Lawyers
- Lawyer of the Year, Metropolitan Washington Employment Lawyers Association, 2009
- Pro Bono Attorney of the Year, DC Employment Justice Center, 2008
- Best Lawyers® in the Washington, D.C., 2009-Present
Office location for Linda M. Correia
1400 16th Street NW
Washington, DC 20036
- Super Lawyers: 2012 - 2023
Top ListsTop 50: Women Washington, D.C. Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2016, 2020 - 2023
- Top 50: 2023 Women Washington, D.C. Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2022 Women Washington, D.C. Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2021 Women Washington, D.C. Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2020 Women Washington, D.C. Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2016 Women Washington, D.C. Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2015 Women Washington, D.C. Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2014 Women Washington, D.C. Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2013 Women Washington, D.C. Super Lawyers