Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Bellevue, WA
Selected to Rising Stars: 2016 - 2017
- Virtual Appointments
Araceli Amaya has devoted her entire legal career to the practice of family law. As owner of Amaya Family Law, she provides representation to clients in King and Snohomish Counties. Her typical cases include matters related to divorce, child support, grandparent custody and parental relocation after a divorce.
After earning a Bachelor of Arts in international relations from the University of Redlands in 1999, Ms. Amaya pursued her legal studies at American University Washington College of Law and was awarded her Juris Doctor in 2002. After graduation from law school, she worked at three family law firms before opening her own practice in 2019. Ms. Amaya is admitted to practice before all Washington state courts.
Ms. Amaya is a member of the King County Bar Association Family Law Section and the Latina/o Bar Association of Washington. She is also a member of the Washington State Bar Association Family Law Section and the Washington State Bar Association Young Lawyers Committee. A published author, Ms. Amaya's articles has appeared in the KCBA Bar Bulletin. Her articles include "How To Fight the Uphill Battle of Non-Parental Custody" and "Non-Parental Custody and Burden of Proof". The esteem in which she is held by her fellow professionals is reflected in her receipt of a perfect 10.0 "Superb" peer review rating through Avvo.
Ms. Amaya is empathetic with her clients and believes that part of her job is to provide compassionate support to them. She believes in helping clients achieve the best solution for their issues, which may involve collaboration, mediation or litigation. Her approach is to gain an understanding of their goals before presenting the facts to them with complete honesty and helping them reach satisfactory resolutions.
About Araceli Amaya
First Admitted: 2003, Washington
Professional Webpage: https://amayafamilylaw.com/araceliamaya
- Author, "Non-Parental Custody and Burden of Proof," King County Bar Bulletin, March 2016
- Author, "How To Fight the Uphill Battle of Non-Parental Custody," King County Bar Bulletin, December 2015
- Presenter, “Post-Decree Child Support and Pitfalls to Avoid,” CLE, McKinley Irvin Family Law Speaker Series, 2015
- University of Redlands, International Relations and Affairs, B.A.
- Washington Latino/a Bar Association
- Washington State Bar Association, Family Law Section and Young Lawyers Division
- Mother Attorney Mentoring Association of Seattle (MAMAS)
- King County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- State Bar of California
- Avvo.com 10.0 “Superb” rating
- Distinguished as a Washington Rising Star by Super Lawyers®, 2017
- Distinguished as a Washington Rising Star by Super Lawyers®, 2016
- Avvo.com "Client's Choice" Award 2018
Last Updated: 5/15/2022