C. Steven Fury
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Bellevue, WA
Attorney C. Steven Fury is a founding partner with Fury Duarte PS law firm in Bellevue, Washington. A nationally ranked trial lawyer with more than 42 years of experience, Mr. Fury provides exceptional counsel and support to clients across his region who have suffered a serious injury or loss as a result of someone else's negligence or wrongdoing.
Over the course of his legal career advocating on behalf of accident victims and their families, Mr. Fury has achieved remarkable success fighting for the rights and entitlements of those adversely affected by motor vehicle accidents, construction accidents, defective products and other preventable tragedies. He has gained a membership in the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, and he has received numerous accolades and endorsements from his peers.
Among his most notable honors, Mr. Fury has earned perennial recognition from The Best Lawyers in America each year since 1997, and Lawdragon named him among the 500 Leading Plaintiffs' Lawyers in America in 2006. He has also received the Pillar of Justice Award from the Washington State Association for Justice along with designation as a Top Admiralty/Maritime Lawyer from Washington CEO Magazine.
After graduating with distinction from Stanford University in 1974, Mr. Fury went on to obtain his Juris Doctor cum laude from Harvard Law School in 1979. He is also a graduate of the intensive Gerry Spence Trial Lawyers College, and he has been invited to the prestigious American Board of Trial Advocates.
Mr. Fury is also the founder and president of Justice Advocacy Africa, and he is an active member of various other local, state and national legal organizations. He also has several publications to his credit, and he serves as instructor at the National Institute for Trial Advocacy.
Best Lawyers® and The Best Lawyers in America© are registered trademarks of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC. The names, logo, and database are protected under the trademark, copyright, and fair use laws of the United States of America. Any use of name, including in electronic form, must be made only by permission and under the guidelines of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC.
- 50%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 20%Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Dram Shop Laws, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Admiralty & Maritime Law
- Super Lawyers: 1998 - 2022
Articles about C. Steven Fury appearing in Super Lawyers
About C. Steven Fury
First Admitted: 1979, Washington
Professional Webpage: https://www.furyduarte.com/attorney/c-steven-fury/
- The Best Lawyers in America, 1997-present
- Best Law Firms, Best Lawyers in America, 2012
- Lawdragon 500 Leading Plaintiffs' Lawyers in America, 2006
- Cum Laude, Harvard University, 1979
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2012
- Best Lawyers in Seattle, 2006
- Pillar of Justice, Washington State Association for Justice, 2012
- Avvo Top Admiralty/MaritimeLawyer, Washington CEO Magazine, 2008
- Stanford University, B.A., with distinction, 1974
- Fisher v Yankee Doodle Corp., NITA Case File, 1985
- Smoke, Mirrors and Worklife Expectancy, Trial News, 1995
- Work Without Sleep, Trial News, 1993
- Maritime Passenger Cases, Trial News, 1992
- Where's the Log?, Trial News, 1992
- Creative Uses of Maritime Law, Trial News, 1991
- Maximizing Maintenance, Trial News, 1991
- Injuries at Sea, Trial News, 1990
- Punitive Damages in Admiralty, Trial News, 1990
- Trial Advocacy, Trial Advocacy Workshop, 2008
- Trial Advocacy, Trial Advocacy, 2008
- Boats, Transportation Torts, 2008
- Electronic Discovery, eTrial 1.0, 2008
- Empty Chair Defendants, Pretrial Advocacy, 2007
- Liability Experts, Expert Witnesses, 2006
- Trial Advocacy, Trial Advocacy Training
- Member, American Board of Trial Advocates, 2000–present
- Member, King County Bar Association, 1980–present
- Washington, 1979
- President, Justice Advocacy Africa, 2010–present
- Eagle Member, Washington State Trial Lawyers Association, 1987–present
- Alaska, 1995
- Instructor, National Institute for Trial Advocacy, 1987–present
- Graduate, Gerry Spence Trial Lawyers College, 2006 Faculty, Gerry Spence Trial Lawyers College, 2011 - present
Other Outstanding Achievements
- President, Justice Advocacy Africa, which promotes respect for legal institutions in Africa by providing professional trial advocacy training in Botswana, Kenya and Uganda.
Pro bono/Community Service
- Founding president of Justice Advocacy Africa. We support establishment of trial advocacy training programs in Africa., 2009
- Justice Advocacy Africa
- Trial Lawyers College
Last Updated: 5/15/2022