Michael S. Deleo
Top rated banking attorney in Bellevue, WashingtonPeterson Russell Kelly Livengood
Practice Areas: Banking, Bankruptcy, Civil litigation view more
Licensed in Washington since: 1992
Education: Seattle University School of Law
Peterson Russell Kelly Livengood10900 Northeast 4th Street
Bellevue, WA 98004 Visit website
Michael S. Deleo is a partner at Peterson Russell Kelly Livengood PLLC located in Bellevue, Washington. He serves clients in Bellevue, Seattle, and other cities in the eastern and western parts of the state. Committed to professionalism and providing personal service for each client’s unique case, Mr. Deleo concentrates his practice on:
· Bankruptcy and creditors' rights
· Business law
· Construction law
· Banking law
· Regulatory and licensing matters
· Insurance defense litigation
· Mediation and arbitration
Mr. Deleo is one of the region’s foremost banking, financial institutions, construction, and insurance defense lawyers. He is a devoted advocate for his clients and represents one of the largest construction supply companies in the world. He represents and counsels vendors, developers, contractors, subcontractors and suppliers with business issues. He is also a Subchapter V of Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Trustee, selected by the U.S. Department of Justice’s Office of the U.S. States Trustee.
In his licensing and regulatory work, Mr. Deleo ensures that the right processes are followed to meet licensing and regulatory compliance requirements. Licensed for three decades in Washington, Mr. Deleo is admitted to practice in the United States District Court for the Western and Eastern Districts of Washington, the United States District Court for the District of Oregon and the United States Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit.
In addition to being a trained mediator by the Pepperdine Caruso School of Law’s Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution, Mr. Deleo is a certified mediator for bankruptcy-related matters and also serves as a panel arbitrator in King County, Pierce County and Snohomish County. Having completed his Bachelor of Arts at the University of Washington, he obtained his Juris Doctor from the Seattle University School of Law in 1992.
In addition to his memberships in the Washington State Bar Association, the Tacoma-Pierce County Bar Association and the Washington Defense Trial Lawyers, Mr. Deleo is a member of the Bankruptcy and Alternative Dispute Resolution Sections of the King County Bar Association. He is also a member of the Construction and Litigation Section of the American Bar Association.
Mr. Deleo is a respected and knowledgeable attorney known for his transparency in his proceedings, and his compassion is reflected in his empathetic approach to his clients. Mr. Deleo has received an AV Preeminent* peer-review rating through Martindale-Hubbell, and he has a “Very Good” rating on Avvo.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasBanking, Bankruptcy: business, Civil litigation: defense, Construction litigation: business
- 20% Banking
- 30% Bankruptcy: business
- 30% Civil litigation: defense
- 20% Construction litigation: business
First Admitted: 1992, Washington
Professional Webpage: https://prklaw.com/person/michael-s-deleo/
- Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution, Caruso School of Law, Pepperdine University, Mediating the Litigated Case. , 2020
- Graduated from Seattle University School of Law (formerly UPS). , 1992
- Graduated from University of Washington with BA in Business and concentration in Finance. , 1989
- Appointed by The Honorable Marc Barreca, Chief Judge of U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Washington, to the Executive Committee of the Honorable Thomas T. Glover Mediation Program., 2021
- Appointed as Pierce County, Washington, Pro Tem Settlement Judge. , 2021
- Appointed to The Honorable Thomas T Glover bankruptcy mediation panel member. , 2015
- Panel arbitrator for Pierce, King, and Snohomish Counties., 2014
- In re Around the Sound Roofing, LLC, U.S. Bankruptcy Court Western District of Washington, case number 21-11721: Served as Sub V bankruptcy trustee and helped the parties obtain consensual plan confirmation. , 2022
Office location for Michael S. Deleo
10900 Northeast 4th Street
Bellevue, WA 98004
- Super Lawyers: 2000 - 2005