Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Bellevue, WA
As the owner and founder of Northwest Family Law in Kirkland, Washington, attorney Monica Chin focuses her practice exclusively on family law. Serving clients throughout King County and the surrounding areas of the Seattle metro region, Ms. Chin is passionate about helping families through their most difficult and emotional legal challenges, delivering compassionate, personalized attention to each client's case in order to significantly increase the odds of achieving the best possible outcome.
Dedicated to protecting her clients' rights and best interests, she advocates strongly on behalf of those she serves. Whether through litigation, mediation, arbitration or collaboration, she works hard to resolve her clients' conflicts involving divorce, child custody and support, property division, paternity matters and other aspects of marriage dissolution. Additionally, her law firm offers prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, orders of protection for domestic violence victims and representation to military and international families.
After receiving her Bachelor of Arts in business law from Washington State University in 2004, Ms. Chin obtained her Juris Doctor from the University of Oregon School of Law in 2008. In 2009, the Washington State Bar Association admitted her to practice, and she honed her trial and negotiation skills with several legal practices in the area before establishing her own private firm in 2014.
In addition to being a special advocate for King County Family Law CASA, Ms. Chin is active in several professional legal organizations, including the family law sections for both the King County Bar Association and the American Bar Association. Devoted to her community as well as her practice, she currently serves on the board for Mentoring Urban Students & Teens, where she helps support underprivileged youth.
Well-versed in her practice area, she has delivered lectures on a variety of family law topics, and she has received a number of awards and honors for her excellent service, including being named among the 10 best in client satisfaction from the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys.
- 100%Family Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Paternity, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Same Sex Family Law, Father's Rights
- Rising Stars: 2017 - 2019
About Monica Chin
First Admitted: 2009, Washington
Professional Webpage: http://www.nwfamilylaw.com/attorney-profile/monica-chin/
- Washington State Bar Association
- Special Advocate, Family Law CASA of King County
- Seattle Select Attorneys
- King County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Washington Women Lawyers
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Mother Attorney Mentoring Association (MAMAS)
- Environmental and Natural Resources Fellow
- Public Service Award, University of Oregon
- Washington State University, Bachelor’s degree in Business Law
- Unbundled Legal Services, 4th Annual Mary H. Wechsler Family Law Symposium for the King County Bench, 2012
- Solution Focused Legal Services, Unbundled Legal Assistance, Annual Washington Chapter Association of Family and Conciliation Courts Conference, 2012
Last Updated: 5/15/2022