Preet B. Kode
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Bellevue, WA
- Free Consultation
The founder of the eponymous law firm, Kode Law PLLC, in Bellevue, Washington, Preet B. Kode represents clients throughout western Washington, including Seattle, Bellevue and Everett. She is a well-known personal injury attorney whose practice is mainly focused on litigation. She handles cases such as those involving car accidents, wrongful death, insurance bad faith, animal bites and complex multi-plaintiff lawsuits involving train, bus and airplane crashes.
Earning her bachelor’s degree in Spanish from the University of Washington, Ms. Kode went on to earn her law degree from the Widener University School of Law, with a specific focus on health law. After earning her Juris Doctor degree in 2011, she pursued her master’s degree at Thomas Jefferson University, majoring in public health. She has been licensed to practice in Washington since 2012.
Fluent in Hindi, Punjabi and Spanish, Ms. Kode provides stellar legal services to a diverse range of clients and strives to get them the compensation and justice they deserve. Her knowledge of the human anatomy and its injury mechanisms – honed by her pre-med background – helps with her scientific research for personal injury cases. In addition to this, her strong sense of justice and willingness to help people in need have earned her many honors from the legal community.
Ms. Kode has received the Pro Bono Service Award from the Washington State Bar Association, and she was also recognized on The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 under 40 list. She holds a “Superb” rating on Avvo and the organization has also presented her with its Clients' Choice Award.
A licensed attorney for almost a decade, Ms. Kode is an active member of the following legal organizations:
- Washington State Association for Justice
- American Association for Justice
- Tacoma-Pierce County Bar Association
- National Association of Professional Women
- Washington Women Lawyers
- Washington State Bar Association
She has rendered pro bono services to the people in her community by serving as an attorney at the Multicultural Self-Sufficiency Movement, which acts as a free legal clinic, and Ms. Kode was also a pro bono immigration attorney for the Northwest Immigrant Rights Project.
About Preet B. Kode
First Admitted: 2012, Washington
Professional Webpage: https://kodelawfirm.com/about/
- Washington State Association for Justice, East King County – Roundtable Chair, 2019 – Present
- Washington State Bar Association, Member, 2012 – Present
- Washington Association for Justice, Eagle Member, 2013 – Present
- Washington Women Lawyers, Member, 2014 – Present
- The National Association of Professional Women, Member, 2015 – Present
- Tacoma Pierce County Bar Association, Member, 2015 – Present
- Washington Association for Justice, Diversity Committee Member, 2018 – Present
- American Association for Justice, Member, 2019 – Present
- Washington State Association for Justice, Women of WSAJ (WOW) Section – Co-Chair, 2019 – Present
- University of Washington, Bachelor of Arts, Spanish
- Thomas Jefferson University, Master of Public Health, Public Health, 2012
- Master Thesis on The Low Enrollment into the Affordable Care Act's Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan, Author, The Low Enrollment into the Affordable Care Act's Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan, Master of Public Health Thesis and Capstone Presentations, 2012
- New Advanced Care Directive Option for Delaware Citizens, Widener Law, Health Law Colloquium, 2009
- , Pro Bono Service Award, Washington State Bar Association, 2013
- , The National Trial Lawyers- Top 40 Under 40, The National Trial Lawyers, 2019
- , Clients' Choice Award, Avvo, 2014
Pro bono/Community Service
- Attorney at the Multicultural Self-Sufficiency Movement Free Legal Clinic, 2014
- Pro Bono Immigration Attorney for the Northwest Immigrant Rights Project, 2012
Last Updated: 5/20/2022