Vivien K. Chang
Top Rated Estate Planning & Probate Attorney in Bellevue, WA
Attorney Vivien K. Chang is the founder and owner of Chang Law Group in Bellevue, Washington. Nationally recognized as among the top lawyers in the country, Ms. Chang has more than 25 years of total legal experience, and she provides invaluable counsel and support to clients throughout the greater Seattle metro and surrounding areas who have legal needs involving any of the following:
- Estate planning
- Trusts and wills
- Business law
A graduate of the University of California, Irvine, Ms. Chang attended Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, where she served as a member of the Loyola Law Review. She obtained her Juris Doctor in 1995, and The State Bar of California admitted her to practice that same year. She also holds her board certification as an estate planning specialist from The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization, and she has been admitted to practice in Washington state since 1996.
A leader in her field, Ms. Chang has conducted numerous lectures and continuing legal education seminars across her region on a variety of legal topics, and she has appeared as a guest speaker on a local radio news program. She has also published articles on various legal subjects, and she has gained a reputation for her in-depth knowledge of the law as well as her compassion and integrity when dealing with her clients.
Over the course of her legal career, Ms. Chang has achieved a long record of helping her clients obtain their goals and the favorable outcomes they expect and deserve for their legal challenges as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible. She has handled numerous matters for high net worth clients, and she has assisted many estate owners as well as business owners realize significant tax savings for their estates and businesses.
Ms. Chang is a member of the Washington State Bar Association's Real Property, Probate & Trust Section and The State Bar of California's Trusts & Estates Section, among her other professional affiliations. She is also fluent in Cantonese Chinese.
About Vivien K. Chang
First Admitted: 1995, Washington
Professional Webpage: http://www.changlawgroup.com/our-team/vivien-k-chang/
- Certified Specialist in Estate Planning, Probate, Tax; Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners
- Speaker, “Trust Drafting,” Continuing Education Course sponsored by Sterling Education Service (November 2003)
- Program Chair, “How to Draft Wills and Other Estate Planning Documents,” sponsored by the Washington State Bar Association (October 2003)
- Speaker, “Practical Roadmap and Points of Interest for Planning Estates Between $1 Million to $5 Million,” The 48th Annual Estate Planning Seminar sponsored by the Estate Planning Council of Seattle and the Washington State Bar Association (November 2003)
- Panel Speaker, “When Death and Divorce Collide” sponsored by the Washington State Bar Association (December 2005)
- Program Chair and Speaker, “When a Simple Will Isn’t,” sponsored by the Washington State Bar Association (October 2006)
- Program Chair and Speaker, “Estate Planning for Business Owners” sponsored by the Washington State Bar Association (December 2007)
- Speaker, “Top 10 Rude Awakenings When Your Estate Planning Client Gets a Divorce,” sponsored by East King County Estate Planning Council (May 2008)
- Speaker, “Money Smart Women-Basic Estate Planning,” sponsored by Women’s University Club of Seattle (March 2009)
- Speaker, “Intermediate Estate Planning Series-Probate, Guardianship, and Trusts,” sponsored by Women’s University Club of Seattle (2010-2011)
- Guest Speaker on AM 1300 radio show Northwest Real Estate Connections – speaking on legal issues related to real estate holdings, Listen to June 26, 2013 audio
- University of California, Irvine, B.A. in Economics, 1992
- Oregon State Bar, 2020
- Washington State Bar Association (Real Property, Probate & Trust Section)
- State Bar of California, 1995
- Washington State Bar Association, 1996
- State Bar of California, Certified Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law, 1995
- Chair of WSBA CLE programs for Estate Planning and Business Law, 2003
Last Updated: 5/15/2022